Cannot browse messages with JConsole

spamtrap
[ActiveMQ 5.11.1]
If I try to browse an ActiveMQ queue which contains one or more
messages with JConsole I get the following error message:
"Problem invoking browseMessages: java.rmi.UnmarshalException: error
unmarshalling return; nested exception is:
java.io.WriteAbortedException: writing aborted;
java.io.NotSerializableException:
org.apache.activemq.command.ActiveMQTextMessage"

This used to work fine. Please advise.

Re: Cannot browse messages with JConsole

Tim Bain
Please provide your full broker config and the full stack trace.

Also, does browsing via the web console work but browsing via JConsole
doesn't?