Can we achieve clustering and distributed feature of ActiveMQ for .net application

Can we achieve clustering and distributed feature of ActiveMQ for .net application

bittusrivastava
Hi,
Can we achieve clustering and distributed feature of ActiveMQ over AMQP
protocol using AMQP.net client library Windows platform? if yes , Please
suggest any pointers .

Thanks

Re: Can we achieve clustering and distributed feature of ActiveMQ for .net application

Tim Bain
ActiveMQ 5.x doesn't support clustering (multiple active brokers all
sharing a set of messages to serve to clients), but Artemis does.

ActiveMQ supports having a client failover between multiple active brokers,
which could be linked together in a network of brokers, but a network of
brokers is not a cluster.

All a client would have to do to failover across multiple brokers is use a
failover URL around the multiple individual URLs (amqp URLs, in your case).

Tim

tabish121@gmail.com
On 02/09/2018 08:14 AM, Tim Bain wrote:
> ActiveMQ 5.x doesn't support clustering (multiple active brokers all
> sharing a set of messages to serve to clients), but Artemis does.
>
> ActiveMQ supports having a client failover between multiple active brokers,
> which could be linked together in a network of brokers, but a network of
> brokers is not a cluster.
>
> All a client would have to do to failover across multiple brokers is use a
> failover URL around the multiple individual URLs (amqp URLs, in your case).

The AMQPNetLite client does not support failover type URIs, you need to
do the reconnect handling yourself.

twitter: @tabish121
blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com/