Can't subscribe to advisories for producer and consumers...

Can't subscribe to advisories for producer and consumers...

Raffi
I'm writing a simple topic subscriber for consuming advisory messages:

Subscriber receives these messages...
topic:ActiveMQ.Advisory.Connection

..but not these:
topic:ActiveMQ.Advisory.Consumer.>
topic:ActiveMQ.Advisory.Producer.>

...tried adjusting the topic, but none of these worked:
topic:ActiveMQ.Advisory.Consumer.*
topic:ActiveMQ.Advisory.Producer.*
topic:ActiveMQ.Advisory.Producer>
topic:ActiveMQ.Advisory.Producer>

Not sure what I'm missing, the advisories above are enabled by default. BTW,
in the documentation [1] where it talks about wildcards and advisories, is
this a typo?

*ActiveMQ.Advisory.Consumer..>*

[1] - http://activemq.apache.org/advisory-message.html

Re: Can't subscribe to advisories for producer and consumers...

Raffi
OK, so I discovered ActiveMQPooledConnectionFactor uses pooled, anonymous
producers, for which advisories are not generated, which explains my issue.

Reference:
http://activemq.apache.org/how-do-i-use-jms-efficiently.html

Re: Can't subscribe to advisories for producer and consumers...

Tim Bain
Thanks for sharing the answer you found; hopefully it'll help someone else
who's wondering the same thing.