Broker Fails

garima015
I am not using network of brokers.I have a scenario in which if my running broker fails or get shutdown what is going to  happen with the messages.Also if broker shutdown where my application will send the message in order to restore them once the borker will start again. Also how the restarted borker will resume with the undelivered messages
can somebody please help me in suggesting any solution. It is very urgent

Thanks in advance

Re: Broker Fails

James Strachan-2
On 1/2/07, garima015 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am not using network of brokers.I have a scenario in which if my running
> broker fails or get shutdown what is going to  happen with the messages.

If they are sent using persistent message delivery they will be on
disk / in the database and redelivered on restart.

> Also
> if broker shutdown where my application will send the message in order to
> restore them once the borker will start again. Also how the restarted borker
> will resume with the undelivered messages
> can somebody please help me in suggesting any solution. It is very urgent

If you are using auto-reconnection then the jms client will handle
brokers being restarted or will failover to a new broker instance etc.

http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/how-can-i-support-auto-reconnection.html
--

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

Re: Broker Fails

garima015
I am using NON PERSISTENT message delivery ...
Please suggest me something to avoid any loss of message

James.Strachan wrote

-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

Re: Broker Fails

Speed of Sound
You will need to switch to persistent messages to avoid any loss on
broker restart as mentioned below.

garima015 wrote:

> I am using NON PERSISTENT message delivery ...
> Please suggest me something to avoid any loss of message
>

> James.Strachan wrote:
>
>> On 1/2/07, garima015 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> I am not using network of brokers.I have a scenario in which if my
>>> running
>>> broker fails or get shutdown what is going to  happen with the messages.
>>>
>> If they are sent using persistent message delivery they will be on
>> disk / in the database and redelivered on restart.
>>

>>> Also
>>> if broker shutdown where my application will send the message in order to
>>> restore them once the borker will start again. Also how the restarted
>>> borker
>>> will resume with the undelivered messages
>>> can somebody please help me in suggesting any solution. It is very urgent
>>>
>> If you are using auto-reconnection then the jms client will handle
>> brokers being restarted or will failover to a new broker instance etc.
>>
>> http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/how-can-i-support-auto-reconnection.html
>> --
>>
>> James
>> -------
>> http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

Re: Broker Fails

garima015
Thanks for reply.
Is there any way to start and stop the broker using JMX console.
I want to reset and set the flag saying activeBroker using JMX console . Is this possible.
I want to do it manually ans such that i should be able to access that flag inside my application to know whethar the broker is running or not.
Any help on this will be really appreciated.

garima015 wrote

Thanks in advance