Automatic delete of expired messages

Eric-AWL
Hi

I don't use persistance, I don't use transaction, I don't use CLIENT_ACKNOWLEDGE, only automatic aknowledge.

I just saw in some JIRA recent exchanges that there seems to be an official trick that automatically delete expired messages when there is no consumer for a queue or a topic.

Can someone explain me the "official" way to do this, and the ActiveMQ configuration to define ?

Is the number of consumers for a destination (that can be found by analyzing Adivisory Messages) increased when this trick is used ?

Thank you in advance
Eric-AWL

Re: Automatic delete of expired messages

joe_fernandez
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Automatic delete of expired messages

Eric-AWL
Hi Joe.

Thank you very much for your answer.

Eric-AWL.

Joe Fernandez wrote
With AMQ 5.3, non-persistent messages that expire are automatically removed/deleted from their destination. Persistent messages are moved to the DLQ.

By default, the destination sweeps occur every 30 seconds. You can change this default via the 'expireMessagesPeriod' property.

Joe
http://www.ttmsolutions.com

Eric-AWL wrote

Thank you in advance
Eric-AWL

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Automatic delete of expired messages

Eric-AWL
Today, I don't use persistent messages at all, and just want to release memory resources when messages are no longer valid.

Do you confirm me that the number of consumers (0 here), that is found into Advisory messages, is not changed by this automatic behaviour ?  It's important for us to know the exact number of accessible consumers.

Eric-AWL

Joe Fernandez wrote
You might also want to look into the DiscardingDLQBroker plugin.

See bottom of this page

http://activemq.apache.org/message-redelivery-and-dlq-handling.html

Joe
http://www.ttmsolutions.com