Artemis warning AMQ224091 Bridge is unable to connect to destination

Artemis warning AMQ224091 Bridge is unable to connect to destination

progMetal
The Artemis warning "AMQ224091 Bridge ...... is unable to connect to
destination" does not provide any details as to why it could not connect. I
am getting this message in the log:

2019-06-14 11:38:16,818 WARN  [org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server]
AMQ224091:
Bridge BridgeImpl@281d3567 [name=my-bridge, queue=QueueImpl[name=outQueue,
postOffice=PostOfficeImpl
[server=ActiveMQServerImpl::serverUUID=e584bdb8-8df0-11e9-93b1-00505687486c],
temp=false]@25b57b3a targetConnector=ServerLocatorImpl (identity=Bridge
my-bridge)
[initialConnectors=[TransportConfiguration(name=remote-connector,

factory=org-apache-activemq-artemis-core-remoting-impl-netty-NettyConnectorFactory)

?trustStorePassword=****&enabledProtocols=TLSv1-2&port=61616&keyStorePassword=****&sslEnabled=true&host=myPChost.domain.com

&trustStorePath=c:/Artemis-Server/etc/truststore-jks&keyStorePath=c:/Artemis-Server/etc/client-jks&needClientAuth=true],
  discoveryGroupConfiguration=null]] is unable to connect to destination.
Retrying

I am using bi-directional netty SSL server/client certificates.
Could there be more information put into the log as to why it is failing?
This is not easy to troubleshoot.

Re: Artemis warning AMQ224091 Bridge is unable to connect to destination

jbertram
> Could there be more information put into the log as to why it is failing?

Yes, I think that's reasonable. The underlying ActiveMQException could be
logged at DEBUG level at the very least. To be clear, if the exception
isn't an ActiveMQException, ActiveMQInterruptedException, or
InterruptedException then the full stack-trace will be logged. Open a JIRA
[1] and I'll add the DEBUG logging.

Justin

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARTEMIS

On Fri, Jun 14, 2019 at 12:24 PM progMetal <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The Artemis warning "AMQ224091 Bridge ...... is unable to connect to
> destination" does not provide any details as to why it could not connect. I
> am getting this message in the log:
>
> 2019-06-14 11:38:16,818 WARN  [org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server]
> AMQ224091:
> Bridge BridgeImpl@281d3567 [name=my-bridge, queue=QueueImpl[name=outQueue,
> postOffice=PostOfficeImpl
> [server=ActiveMQServerImpl::serverUUID=e584bdb8-8df0-11e9-93b1-00505687486c],
>
> temp=false]@25b57b3a targetConnector=ServerLocatorImpl (identity=Bridge
> my-bridge)
> [initialConnectors=[TransportConfiguration(name=remote-connector,
>
> factory=org-apache-activemq-artemis-core-remoting-impl-netty-NettyConnectorFactory)
>

> ?trustStorePassword=****&enabledProtocols=TLSv1-2&port=61616&keyStorePassword=****&sslEnabled=true&host=
> myPChost.domain.com
>
> &trustStorePath=c:/Artemis-Server/etc/truststore-jks&keyStorePath=c:/Artemis-Server/etc/client-jks&needClientAuth=true],
>
>   discoveryGroupConfiguration=null]] is unable to connect to destination.
> Retrying
>
> I am using bi-directional netty SSL server/client certificates.
> Could there be more information put into the log as to why it is failing?
> This is not easy to troubleshoot.
>

> --
> Sent from:

Re: Artemis warning AMQ224091 Bridge is unable to connect to destination

progMetal
These are my log settings:
# Root logger level
logger.level=INFO
# ActiveMQ Artemis logger levels
logger.org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server.level=TRACE
logger.org.apache.activemq.artemis.journal.level=INFO
logger.org.apache.activemq.artemis.utils.level=INFO
logger.org.apache.activemq.artemis.jms.level=INFO
logger.org.apache.activemq.artemis.integration.bootstrap.level=INFO
logger.org.eclipse.jetty.level=DEBUG

I had "logger.org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server.level" set to DEBUG
and only got the WARNing level output, then i changed it to TRACE and got
the same output.

Re: Artemis warning AMQ224091 Bridge is unable to connect to destination

jbertram
I apologize if my previous message wasn't clear. What you're seeing is the
expected behavior. However, that can be changed so that the stack-trace for
the underlying ActiveMQException is logged at DEBUG level. Please open a
JIRA and I'll add the DEBUG logging.

Justin

On Mon, Jun 17, 2019 at 7:47 AM progMetal <[hidden email]> wrote:

> These are my log settings:
> # Root logger level
> logger.level=INFO
> # ActiveMQ Artemis logger levels
> logger.org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server.level=TRACE
> logger.org.apache.activemq.artemis.journal.level=INFO
> logger.org.apache.activemq.artemis.utils.level=INFO
> logger.org.apache.activemq.artemis.jms.level=INFO
> logger.org.apache.activemq.artemis.integration.bootstrap.level=INFO
> logger.org.eclipse.jetty.level=DEBUG
>
> I had "logger.org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server.level" set to DEBUG
> and only got the WARNing level output, then i changed it to TRACE and got
> the same output.
>

> --
> Sent from:

Re: Artemis warning AMQ224091 Bridge is unable to connect to destination

progMetal
where is the JIRA URL for Artemis?

Re: Artemis warning AMQ224091 Bridge is unable to connect to destination

jbertram
I provided the JIRA link in my first response. Here it is again [1].

On Mon, Jun 17, 2019 at 8:15 AM progMetal <[hidden email]> wrote:

> where is the JIRA URL for Artemis?
>

> --
> Sent from:

Re: Artemis warning AMQ224091 Bridge is unable to connect to destination

progMetal
Thanks Justin.

The problem i am trying to troubleshoot is connecting 2 remote Artemis
server together for bi-directional file transfer.
My simple question is this: Can Artemis be configured for a "core bridge" on
each server, to know about the
other, to send and receive files at each end?

The documentation does not indicate this.
The example shows 1 way bridge file sending.

Re: Artemis warning AMQ224091 Bridge is unable to connect to destination

jbertram
Core bridges can only "push" (i.e. send) messages from the source to the
target. A core bridge cannot "pull" (i.e. receive) messages. You can
configure a core bridge on each broker to push messages to the other.

Does that answer your question?

Justin

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 12:02 PM progMetal <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Justin.
>
> The problem i am trying to troubleshoot is connecting 2 remote Artemis
> server together for bi-directional file transfer.
> My simple question is this: Can Artemis be configured for a "core bridge"
> on
> each server, to know about the
> other, to send and receive files at each end?
>
> The documentation does not indicate this.
> The example shows 1 way bridge file sending.
>

> --
> Sent from:

Re: Artemis warning AMQ224091 Bridge is unable to connect to destination

progMetal

Re: Artemis warning AMQ224091 Bridge is unable to connect to destination

saddaypally
Have you been able to figure out why your bridge setup doesn't work? I'm
hitting the same warning and even upon setting the log level to TRACE, I'm
unable to gain any understanding what the problem is. 1 thing that sticks
out is that the connection timeout is 2000 ms and I'm not sure if I need to
increase this? My servers are both  in AWS within the same region but in 2
different AZs. Can you provide details on how you've been able to resolve
this issue?