Artemis server logging to Graylog

vlk

Artemis server logging to Graylog

vlk
Hello,
I would send logs from artemis instance to central Graylog. Other
Jboss/wildfly instances can send server logs via logstash-gelf library. I
was trying configure Artemis it by same way - via logging.properties + copy
jar file into classpath, but it does not work.
Could you share, if anybody has a working configuration, please?
Many thanks
Vlk

Re: Artemis server logging to Graylog

brusdev
Hi Vlk,

I have a working configuration using logstash-gelf-1.13.0 and prepending the
jar in Xbootclasspath:

-Xbootclasspath/a:"/home/dbruscin/Downloads/logstash-gelf-1.13.0.jar:$LOG_MANAGER:$WILDFLY_COMMON"

I have added the following handler in logging.properties:

logger.handlers=FILE,CONSOLE,GELF

# GELF handler configuration
handler.GELF=biz.paluch.logging.gelf.jboss7.JBoss7GelfLogHandler
handler.GELF.level=DEBUG
handler.GELF.properties=host,port,version,facility,extractStackTrace,filterStackTrace,mdcProfiling,timestampPattern,mmaximumMessageSize
handler.GELF.host=udp:localhost
handler.GELF.port=12201
handler.GELF.version=1.1
handler.GELF.facility=java-test
handler.GELF.extractStackTrace=true
handler.GELF.filterStackTrace=true
handler.GELF.mdcProfiling=true
handler.GELF.timestampPattern=yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss,SSS
handler.GELF.maximumMessageSize=8192

Regards,
Domenico