Artemis client failover behind virtual ip?

Artemis client failover behind virtual ip?

ahuhatwork-2
I've been experimenting with this setup for work.

I have a master/slave HA setup. Let's call them artemis001 and artemis002.
We have a VIP, called artemisvip, that points to artemis001.

I have a client app that connects with the URL
tcp://artemisvip:61616?ha=true

If I take down artemis001, I noticed that the clients cannot failover to
artemis002.

Is this an incorrect strategy for client failover?

Re: Artemis client failover behind virtual ip?

brusdev
Hi,

Can your client app connect to artemis001 or artemis002 with the same
addresses used by their cluster connections?

If not, a list of servers to be used for the initial connection attempt can
be specified in the connection URI using a syntax with ( ) , e.g.:
(tcp://artemisvip:61616,tcp://artemisvip2:61616)

You can find more details at
https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/documentation/latest/clusters.html#configuring-a-client-connection.

Regards,
Domenico