Artemis cannot find LIBAIO, although it is installed

12

Re: Artemis cannot find LIBAIO, although it is installed

ipolevoy
We use -Djava.library.path=/opt/lib/linux-x86_64/,  is this not OK?

Is there a link to IRC?

Thanks

Re: Artemis cannot find LIBAIO, although it is installed

clebertsuconic
On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 2:41 PM, ipolevoy <[hidden email]> wrote:
> We use -Djava.library.path=/opt/lib/linux-x86_64/,  is this not OK?

Nope... unless you copied libartemis-native-64.so there which wouldn't
be so standard.

When you compile the native library.. it will be under:
artemis-source-dir/artemis-native/bin/libartemis-native-64.so

At the binary distribution, it will be under:

apache-artemis-distribution/bin/lib/linux-x86_64

You will need libartemis-native-64 under the library path. otherwise
it won't work.

http://activemq.apache.org/irc.html

Re: Artemis cannot find LIBAIO, although it is installed

ipolevoy
we just use a system property:

java -Djava.library.path=/opt/lib/linux-x86_64/ ...

Where is the link to IRC?

Re: Artemis cannot find LIBAIO, although it is installed

jbertram
"IRC" is "Internet Relay Chat."  The link that Clebert provided in his
and the channel name you should use as well as a link to a Wikipedia
article about IRC clients.  You'll need to grab an IRC client for your
platform and connect to the server in the aforementioned link and then join
the channel.

Hope that helps.

Justin

On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 2:39 PM, ipolevoy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> we just use a system property:
>

> java -Djava.library.path=/opt/lib/linux-x86_64/ ...
>
> Where is the link to IRC?

> f2341805.html

Re: Artemis cannot find LIBAIO, although it is installed

Maybe we crossed each other message? as I already answered both questions?

you need to add the folder where libartemis-native-64.so is located.

As for the link on IRC:

On Mon, Nov 20, 2017 at 3:39 PM, ipolevoy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> we just use a system property:
>

> java -Djava.library.path=/opt/lib/linux-x86_64/ ...
>
> Where is the link to IRC?

Re: Artemis cannot find LIBAIO, although it is installed

ipolevoy
sorry, this is a poor Nabble  UI playing jokes on me, I did not see my
response, so sent it again.

Re: Artemis cannot find LIBAIO, although it is installed

ipolevoy
Clebert, I'm in the IRC chat room. My ID: ipolevoy, ping me when you have a
chance.

thanks

Re: Artemis cannot find LIBAIO, although it is installed

ipolevoy
Problem is finally resolved. There is an error in the documentation:

This page: https://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/2.3.0/libaio.html
mentions a file libActiveMQAIO64.so, which is /incorrect./

The distribution is shipped with a file called libartemis-native-64.so,
which is to be used.

In addition, setting an env variable
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/tmp/apache-artemis-2.3.0/bin/lib/linux-x86_64 works

thanks to Clebert for helping figure this out!

Re: Artemis cannot find LIBAIO, although it is installed

art.licis
Since it could have been forgotten by now, I created a PR with this
specific documentation update.

- Art

On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 2:32 AM, ipolevoy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Problem is finally resolved. There is an error in the documentation:
>
> This page: https://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/2.3.0/libaio.html
> mentions a file libActiveMQAIO64.so, which is /incorrect./
>
> The distribution is shipped with a file called libartemis-native-64.so,
> which is to be used.
>
> In addition, setting an env variable
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/tmp/apache-artemis-2.3.0/bin/lib/linux-x86_64 works
>
> thanks to Clebert for helping figure this out!

> f2341805.html

Re: Artemis cannot find LIBAIO, although it is installed

clebertsuconic
I forgot it ;). Thanks.

On Fri, Dec 1, 2017 at 5:00 AM Art Licis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Since it could have been forgotten by now, I created a PR with this
> specific documentation update.
>
> - Art
>

> On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 2:32 AM, ipolevoy <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Problem is finally resolved. There is an error in the documentation:
> >
> > This page: https://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/2.3.0/libaio.html
> > mentions a file libActiveMQAIO64.so, which is /incorrect./
> >
> > The distribution is shipped with a file called libartemis-native-64.so,
> > which is to be used.
> >
> > In addition, setting an env variable
> > LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/tmp/apache-artemis-2.3.0/bin/lib/linux-x86_64 works
> >
> > thanks to Clebert for helping figure this out!
> >

> > --
> > Sent from: http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/ActiveMQ-User-
> > f2341805.html

12