Artemis - Move address/queue definitions out of Broker.xml

Artemis - Move address/queue definitions out of Broker.xml

adirubin
Hi,
I'm using Artemis 2.3.0. My broker.xml contains the addresses, queues and
address-settings. I would like to move them to a separate file. I saw this
discussion:
http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/Artemis-Split-broker-xml-td4720894.html,
but there doesn't seem to be any conclusion. I tried using the suggested
x-include, but couldn't get it to work (also, suppose it works, how will
Artemis know to monitor the included file for updates?).

My motivation: I want to manage the queues configuration in the same source
code repository as my application and deploy it alongside my application. I
don't want to enable automatic address/queue creation, as I fear this would
lead to a mess.

Is there any solution?

Thanks,
Adi Rubin

Re: Artemis - Move address/queue definitions out of Broker.xml

MichaelAndrePearce
Hi Adi

Today there isn’t one really.

It is something also we need in my org, def worth raising a JIRA for the feature to be added, id put my plus 1 on it.

Maybe you’d want to have a go at implementing?

Cheers
Mike

Sent from my iPhone

> On 9 Jan 2018, at 09:43, adirubin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I'm using Artemis 2.3.0. My broker.xml contains the addresses, queues and
> address-settings. I would like to move them to a separate file. I saw this
> discussion:
> http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/Artemis-Split-broker-xml-td4720894.html,
> but there doesn't seem to be any conclusion. I tried using the suggested
> x-include, but couldn't get it to work (also, suppose it works, how will
> Artemis know to monitor the included file for updates?).
>
> My motivation: I want to manage the queues configuration in the same source
> code repository as my application and deploy it alongside my application. I
> don't want to enable automatic address/queue creation, as I fear this would
> lead to a mess.
>
> Is there any solution?
>
> Thanks,
> Adi Rubin

Re: Artemis - Move address/queue definitions out of Broker.xml

adirubin
Hi,
I've raised a JIRA: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARTEMIS-1661
MichaelAndrePearce, you are welcome to +1 it (sorry for the delay).