Artemis Kerberos support for openwire and stomp protocol

Artemis Kerberos support for openwire and stomp protocol

xabhi
Hi,

I am looking to setup Artemis for my use-cases that are currently using
ActiveMQ v5.14.1 and want to use Kerberos auth which isn't available in
ActiveMQ currently.
How can i set-up Kerberos authentication for openwire and STOMP protocol?
How will clients (STOMP and openwire) authenticate to the server?
The migration guide
https://activemq.apache.org/artemis/migration/authentication.html
<https://activemq.apache.org/artemis/migration/authentication.html>
doesn't have a section about Kerberos authentication.

Is it possible to setup Kerberos auth with above protocols? Any examples or
docs on this would help.

Thanks,
Abhi

Re: Artemis Kerberos support for openwire and stomp protocol

tabish121@gmail.com
On 06/12/2018 04:24 AM, xabhi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am looking to setup Artemis for my use-cases that are currently using
> ActiveMQ v5.14.1 and want to use Kerberos auth which isn't available in
> ActiveMQ currently.
> How can i set-up Kerberos authentication for openwire and STOMP protocol?
> How will clients (STOMP and openwire) authenticate to the server?
> The migration guide
> https://activemq.apache.org/artemis/migration/authentication.html
> <https://activemq.apache.org/artemis/migration/authentication.html>
> doesn't have a section about Kerberos authentication.
>
> Is it possible to setup Kerberos auth with above protocols? Any examples or
> docs on this would help.
>
> Thanks,
> Abhi

Artemis does not have Kerberos support for STOMP or OpenWire clients so
you must use the normal user / pass authentication mechanisms as you
would in ActiveMQ 5.x

twitter: @tabish121
blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com/

Re: Artemis Kerberos support for openwire and stomp protocol

xabhi
Thanks for the reply Tim.

Is there a plan to extend Kerberos Authentication to STOMP and other
protocols in Artemis? Should i log a JIRA ticket for this?

On 06/13/2018 02:52 AM, xabhi wrote:

> Thanks for the reply Tim.
>
> Is there a plan to extend Kerberos Authentication to STOMP and other
> protocols in Artemis? Should i log a JIRA ticket for this?
>
> Thanks,
> Abhi

There are no plans to add Kerberos support for those protocols as it
would be challenging given the design of the protocol and how
authentication is handled within the protocol.  You are of course
welcome to contribute such functionality if you care to implement a
solution.