Artemis Junit without Maven

Eric Song
Hello,

I'm attempting to get Artemis's JUnit testing set up by using the
EmbeddedActiveMQResource. However, I am using SCons instead of Maven, and
am having trouble with the dependencies. After importing the .jar for
artemis-junit and all of its compile dependencies, I get a

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/junit/rules/ExternalResource

I have a junit jar already in my classpath, and my other junit tests work
properly. Is there a shaded jar or some other dependency that I am missing?

Eric

--

This email or any attachments may contain confidential or legally
privileged information intended for the sole use of the addressees. Any

Re: Artemis Junit without Maven

Nick Stolwijk
Does your junit.jar contains org.junit.rules.ExternalResource?
If no, where did you get the junit.jar? Maybe you should replace it with a
jar from Maven Central.

With regards,

Nick Stolwijk

~~~ Try to leave this world a little better than you found it and, when
your turn comes to die, you can die happy in feeling that at any rate you
have not wasted your time but have done your best ~~~

Lord Baden-Powell

On Tue, Dec 11, 2018 at 4:18 PM Eric Song <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm attempting to get Artemis's JUnit testing set up by using the
> EmbeddedActiveMQResource. However, I am using SCons instead of Maven, and
> am having trouble with the dependencies. After importing the .jar for
> artemis-junit and all of its compile dependencies, I get a
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/junit/rules/ExternalResource
>
> I have a junit jar already in my classpath, and my other junit tests work
> properly. Is there a shaded jar or some other dependency that I am missing?

> Eric
>
> --
>

> This email or any attachments may contain confidential or legally
> privileged information intended for the sole use of the addressees. Any
> use, redistribution, disclosure, or reproduction of this information,
> except as intended, is prohibited. If you received this email in error,
> please notify the sender and remove all copies of the message, including
> any attachments.

Re: Artemis Junit without Maven

Jiri Danek
On Tue, Dec 11, 2018 at 4:18 PM Eric Song <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm attempting to get Artemis's JUnit testing set up by using the
> EmbeddedActiveMQResource. However, I am using SCons instead of Maven, and
> am having trouble with the dependencies. After importing the .jar for
> artemis-junit and all of its compile dependencies, I get a
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/junit/rules/ExternalResource
>
> I have a junit jar already in my classpath, and my other junit tests work
> properly. Is there a shaded jar or some other dependency that I am missing?

Artemis uses junit 4.11. What version of the jar do you use? (I don't think
that could be the problem, just that I know Artemis uses an unusual version
of junit, so in case...)

https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/junit/junit/4.11
--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards