[Artemis] Detecting failure in AMQP

SuperOook
Hi there,

from this documentation [1]  I understand that Artemis has smart watchdog-ping mechanisms to detect failure either on server side or client side.
Whenever some ping is not received in some configurable interval, the connection is considered lost and action can be taken.

The question is whether this is a dedicated Artemis feature that only works with an Artemis Broker together with an Artemis Client? If the transport is AMQP and clients might use a different client library (maybe even a custom implementation close to the AMQP-Standard), is there a way to still use this feature with an Artemis Broker? So is there some more detailed information how the pings are actually sent? Is it a special queue? Special frame? Something AMQP inherent or something custom? Or not available with AMQP at all?

Cheers,
Hauke

https://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/latest/connection-ttl.html

Diese E-Mail kann vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen enthalten. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender durch eine Antwortmail und vernichten Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet. Wir danken fuer Ihre Kooperation.

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error, you are on notice of its status. Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this e-mail from your systems. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly prohibited. Thank you for your cooperation.

Re: [Artemis] Detecting failure in AMQP

clebertsuconic
As far as I remember the ping is part of the AMQP spec. (It follows a
different name I don’t remember now) So it shouldn’t matter what library
you used unless there is a bug with your client.