Artemis: ActiveMQJAASSecurityManager : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0

Artemis: ActiveMQJAASSecurityManager : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0

abhinay.jdhv
I am trying to setup embedded version in my code, but while doing that below exception is getting thrown.
My code is running on Java 1.7 and when I saw artemis 2.1.0 pom.xml target and source is set to Java 1.8.
Does that mean Artemis 2.1.0 is not supposed to be run on Java 1.7?

I can not switch to  Java1.7

Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.CannotLoadBeanClassException: Error loading class [org.apache.activemq.artemis.spi.core.security.ActiveMQJAASSecurityManager] for bean with name 'securityManager' defined in class path resource [spring-artemis.xml]: problem with class file or dependent class; nested exception is java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: or
g/apache/activemq/artemis/spi/core/security/ActiveMQJAASSecurityManager : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0

Re: Artemis: ActiveMQJAASSecurityManager : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0

jbertram
> Does that mean Artemis 2.1.0 is not supposed to be run on Java 1.7?

Artemis 2.1.0 uses features from Java 8 (e.g. lambdas) so it will need to run on a JVM which supports Java 8.

> I can not switch to  Java1.7

I assume you meant "Java1.8."  If so, then you'll need to use an older version of the broker that doesn't require Java 8.

Justin

Re: Artemis: ActiveMQJAASSecurityManager : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0

abhinay.jdhv
Thanks Justin.
We have decided to move to Java 1.8 as Artemis 2.1.0 can only run  on Java 1.8.