Artemis 2.5.0 last value queue property is removed from the queue on broker restart

Artemis 2.5.0 last value queue property is removed from the queue on broker restart

rbollarapu
Hi

I'm creating last-value queues using

<address-setting match="#">
 <default-last-value-queue>true</default-last-value-queue>
</address-setting>

I'm writing messages to these queues and the last-value property seems to be
working fine. But on stopping the broker and starting up again, the queue
doesn't behave like last-value queue. I can also see in the web-console that
the last-value checkbox is not checked. Is that a problem with my address
setting?

Thanks!

Re: Artemis 2.5.0 last value queue property is removed from the queue on broker restart

MichaelAndrePearce
Are you able to provide an integration/test case to recreate this?

Sent from my iPhone

> On 22 Mar 2018, at 16:03, rbollarapu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> I'm creating last-value queues using
>
> <address-setting match="#">
> <default-last-value-queue>true</default-last-value-queue>
> </address-setting>
>
> I'm writing messages to these queues and the last-value property seems to be
> working fine. But on stopping the broker and starting up again, the queue
> doesn't behave like last-value queue. I can also see in the web-console that
> the last-value checkbox is not checked. Is that a problem with my address
> setting?
>
> Thanks!

Re: Artemis 2.5.0 last value queue property is removed from the queue on broker restart

MichaelAndrePearce
Just been looking at this it seem we are not persisting it in the queue bindings.

Can you raise a Jira Ticket for this? Hopefully we can get a fix in time for 2.5.1

Sent from my iPhone

> On 22 Mar 2018, at 16:22, Michael André Pearce <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Are you able to provide an integration/test case to recreate this?
>

> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On 22 Mar 2018, at 16:03, rbollarapu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> I'm creating last-value queues using
>>
>> <address-setting match="#">
>> <default-last-value-queue>true</default-last-value-queue>
>> </address-setting>
>>
>> I'm writing messages to these queues and the last-value property seems to be
>> working fine. But on stopping the broker and starting up again, the queue
>> doesn't behave like last-value queue. I can also see in the web-console that
>> the last-value checkbox is not checked. Is that a problem with my address
>> setting?
>>
>> Thanks!

>> Sent from: http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/ActiveMQ-User-f2341805.html

Re: Artemis 2.5.0 last value queue property is removed from the queue on broker restart

MichaelAndrePearce
Don’t worry I managed to recreate the issue.

created issue:
ARTEMIS-1766

I copied your email into the issue.

Also have raised to PR to fix this (including integration test)

Sent from my iPhone