Artemis 2.1.0: Production/Ops hardening guide.

Artemis 2.1.0: Production/Ops hardening guide.

sfmckenrick
Hello,

I've done a lot of searching I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Is there a guide or set of recommendations to properly configure Artemis to run in an operational/production setting?

Thanks!

Scott McKenrick

Re: Artemis 2.1.0: Production/Ops hardening guide.

clebertsuconic
There are so many variables to answer your question. It depends what
is your production case.
That same answer would go against any system problem.

On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 1:37 PM, sfmckenrick <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've done a lot of searching I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Is
> there a guide or set of recommendations to properly configure Artemis to run
> in an operational/production setting?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Scott McKenrick

Re: Artemis 2.1.0: Production/Ops hardening guide.

sfmckenrick
Thanks for the reply.  We are running Artemis in a HA failover configuration with replication. We are also using static connectors. The steps I have taken so far are moving the logs directory to a separate mount, enabled ssl and forced clients to authenticate with Artemis.

Are there any other items you would recommend to get this production ready?

Thanks!

On Aug 1, 2017 2:16 PM, "clebertsuconic [via ActiveMQ]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
There are so many variables to answer your question. It depends what
is your production case.
That same answer would go against any system problem.

On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 1:37 PM, sfmckenrick <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've done a lot of searching I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Is
> there a guide or set of recommendations to properly configure Artemis to run
> in an operational/production setting?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Scott McKenrick

http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/Artemis-2-1-0-Production-Ops-hardening-guide-tp4729144p4729146.html
NAML

Re: Artemis 2.1.0: Production/Ops hardening guide.

Justin Bertram
How many live/backup pairs are you using?  A single live/backup pair is
going to be at serious risk of split brain.  Ideally you'd have 3
(potentially colocated) live/backup pairs to mitigate the risk of split
brain.

Justin

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 6:46 AM, sfmckenrick <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks for the reply.  We are running Artemis in a HA failover
> configuration with replication. We are also using static connectors. The
> steps I have taken so far are moving the logs directory to a separate
> mount, enabled ssl and forced clients to authenticate with Artemis.
>
> Are there any other items you would recommend to get this production ready?
>
> Thanks!
>

> On Aug 1, 2017 2:16 PM, "clebertsuconic [via ActiveMQ]" <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> There are so many variables to answer your question. It depends what
> is your production case.
> That same answer would go against any system problem.
>
> On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 1:37 PM, sfmckenrick <[hidden email]
> <http:///user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4729146&i=0>> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've done a lot of searching I can't seem to find what I'm looking for.
> Is
> > there a guide or set of recommendations to properly configure Artemis to
> run
> > in an operational/production setting?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Scott McKenrick

> Clebert Suconic

> Q3MjkxNDR8MTQ3NDQyNjgxNw==>
> .
> NAML
> <http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/template/
> NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%
> 21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.
> BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-
> nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=
> notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%
> 21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

Re: Artemis 2.1.0: Production/Ops hardening guide.

sfmckenrick
We are using one backup pair (1 master/1 slave). I did not know this was an issue.

We are running in AWS and only have 2 availability zones to use. I have the master in one zone and the slave in another. What do we need to do to avoid a split brain?

Thanks!

On Aug 3, 2017 9:27 AM, "Justin Bertram [via ActiveMQ]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
How many live/backup pairs are you using?  A single live/backup pair is
going to be at serious risk of split brain.  Ideally you'd have 3
(potentially colocated) live/backup pairs to mitigate the risk of split
brain.

Justin

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 6:46 AM, sfmckenrick <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks for the reply.  We are running Artemis in a HA failover
> configuration with replication. We are also using static connectors. The
> steps I have taken so far are moving the logs directory to a separate
> mount, enabled ssl and forced clients to authenticate with Artemis.
>
> Are there any other items you would recommend to get this production ready?
>
> Thanks!
>

> On Aug 1, 2017 2:16 PM, "clebertsuconic [via ActiveMQ]" <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> There are so many variables to answer your question. It depends what
> is your production case.
> That same answer would go against any system problem.
>
> On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 1:37 PM, sfmckenrick <[hidden email]
> <http:///user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4729146&i=0>> wrote:

> > Hello,
> >
> > I've done a lot of searching I can't seem to find what I'm looking for.
> Is
> > there a guide or set of recommendations to properly configure Artemis to
> run
> > in an operational/production setting?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Scott McKenrick

> Clebert Suconic

> here
> <http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=

> unsubscribe_by_code&node=4729144&code=c2ZtY2tlbnJpY2tAZ21haWwuY29tfD
> Q3MjkxNDR8MTQ3NDQyNjgxNw==>
> .
> NAML
> <http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/template/
> NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%
> 21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.
> BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-
> nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=
> notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%
> 21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>
> guide-tp4729144p4729219.html

http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/Artemis-2-1-0-Production-Ops-hardening-guide-tp4729144p4729231.html
To unsubscribe from Artemis 2.1.0: Production/Ops hardening guide., click here.
NAML

Re: Artemis 2.1.0: Production/Ops hardening guide.

clebertsuconic
What happens when you pull the cable between these nodes? but they can
still talk to clients?

if you can guarantee network will not have a split brain.. then you
may be fine..

I would recommend at least using the NetworkHealthCheck if you can't
have more than 3 pairs.