Apache Artemis docker image on docker hub

Apache Artemis docker image on docker hub

Krzysztof
Hi Guys,

I am wondering if there is any reason why there is no official docker image
of Apache Artemis available on docker hub?

In NMS-AMQP project we are trying to enable interop tests in CI pipeline
using Artemis running in a docker container.
https://github.com/apache/activemq-nms-amqp/pull/34

As there is no official image available I decided to create PoC using some
external image. It works just fine, but as Michael Pearce suggested we
should be using the official distribution of Artemis. I could build the
image on the fly, but it doesn't seem the right way to go in my humble
opinion.

Would it be possible to add the official image of Artemis to docker hub? I
know that there are quite a few images of other products built by Apache
Foundation out there.

I'm willing to help, but I will need a little guidance.

Thanks,
Krzysztof Porebski

Re: Apache Artemis docker image on docker hub

clebertsuconic
at the time I tried, I would have had to moved a few people within
Infra, release in a certain way, and a few other issues that I ended
up giving up.. (it wasn't easy).

Perhaps someone would have enough stamina to change things at apache
to make it a better experience, or understand the limitations in a way
we can actually do it.

I have a few scripts within Artemis repository, and we can definitely
improve from there.

Having said that, if you want to collaborate on making it happen, I'm
all for it!

On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 5:29 PM Krzysztof <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>

> I am wondering if there is any reason why there is no official docker image
> of Apache Artemis available on docker hub?
>

> In NMS-AMQP project we are trying to enable interop tests in CI pipeline
> using Artemis running in a docker container.
> https://github.com/apache/activemq-nms-amqp/pull/34
>

> As there is no official image available I decided to create PoC using some
> external image. It works just fine, but as Michael Pearce suggested we
> should be using the official distribution of Artemis. I could build the
> image on the fly, but it doesn't seem the right way to go in my humble
> opinion.
>

> Would it be possible to add the official image of Artemis to docker hub? I
> know that there are quite a few images of other products built by Apache
> Foundation out there.
>

> I'm willing to help, but I will need a little guidance.
>
> Thanks,
> Krzysztof Porebski

Re: Apache Artemis docker image on docker hub

vromero
I know its not official but my image does the trick for many in the
meantime the infra nuances are figured out:
https://hub.docker.com/r/vromero/activemq-artemis

El mié., 25 sept. 2019 a las 1:33, Clebert Suconic (<
[hidden email]>) escribió:

> at the time I tried, I would have had to moved a few people within
> Infra, release in a certain way, and a few other issues that I ended
> up giving up.. (it wasn't easy).
>
> Perhaps someone would have enough stamina to change things at apache
> to make it a better experience, or understand the limitations in a way
> we can actually do it.
>
> I have a few scripts within Artemis repository, and we can definitely
> improve from there.
>
> Having said that, if you want to collaborate on making it happen, I'm
> all for it!
>
> On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 5:29 PM Krzysztof <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Guys,
> >

> > I am wondering if there is any reason why there is no official docker
> image
> > of Apache Artemis available on docker hub?
> >

> > In NMS-AMQP project we are trying to enable interop tests in CI pipeline
> > using Artemis running in a docker container.
> > https://github.com/apache/activemq-nms-amqp/pull/34
> >

> > As there is no official image available I decided to create PoC using
> some
> > external image. It works just fine, but as Michael Pearce suggested we
> > should be using the official distribution of Artemis. I could build the
> > image on the fly, but it doesn't seem the right way to go in my humble
> > opinion.
> >

> > Would it be possible to add the official image of Artemis to docker hub?
> > know that there are quite a few images of other products built by Apache
> > Foundation out there.
> >

> > I'm willing to help, but I will need a little guidance.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Krzysztof Porebski

> Clebert Suconic

Re: Apache Artemis docker image on docker hub

Krzysztof
Victor, I'm using your image right now. I even submitted PR with version
update to 2.10.0.

On Wed, Sep 25, 2019, 17:55 Victor <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I know its not official but my image does the trick for many in the
> meantime the infra nuances are figured out:
> https://hub.docker.com/r/vromero/activemq-artemis
>

> El mié., 25 sept. 2019 a las 1:33, Clebert Suconic (<
> [hidden email]>) escribió:
>
> > at the time I tried, I would have had to moved a few people within
> > Infra, release in a certain way, and a few other issues that I ended
> > up giving up.. (it wasn't easy).
> >
> > Perhaps someone would have enough stamina to change things at apache
> > to make it a better experience, or understand the limitations in a way
> > we can actually do it.
> >
> > I have a few scripts within Artemis repository, and we can definitely
> > improve from there.
> >
> > Having said that, if you want to collaborate on making it happen, I'm
> > all for it!
> >
> > On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 5:29 PM Krzysztof <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi Guys,
> > >

> > > I am wondering if there is any reason why there is no official docker
> > image
> > > of Apache Artemis available on docker hub?
> > >

> > > In NMS-AMQP project we are trying to enable interop tests in CI
> pipeline
> > > using Artemis running in a docker container.
> > > https://github.com/apache/activemq-nms-amqp/pull/34
> > >

> > > As there is no official image available I decided to create PoC using
> > some
> > > external image. It works just fine, but as Michael Pearce suggested we
> > > should be using the official distribution of Artemis. I could build the
> > > image on the fly, but it doesn't seem the right way to go in my humble
> > > opinion.
> > >

> > > Would it be possible to add the official image of Artemis to docker
> hub?
> > > know that there are quite a few images of other products built by
> Apache
> > > Foundation out there.
> > >

> > > I'm willing to help, but I will need a little guidance.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Krzysztof Porebski
> >

> > --
> > Clebert Suconic

Re: Apache Artemis docker image on docker hub

vromero
I saw it, tests are not passing. I'll take a look sometime soon.