Advisory is off, but "User admin is not authorized to read from: ActiveMQ.Advisory.TempQueue,ActiveMQ.Advisory.TempTopic" while publishing a message to a queue from admin console.

Advisory is off, but "User admin is not authorized to read from: ActiveMQ.Advisory.TempQueue,ActiveMQ.Advisory.TempTopic" while publishing a message to a queue from admin console.

Yury
Hi dear ActiveMQ community.

I have ActiveMQ of version 5.13.2 running with
"advisorySupport="false"". All the clients have "watchTopicAdvisories"
set to false in the connection factory. When I log into ActiveMQ admin
console, there is no queue "ActiveMQ.Advisory.TempQueue" in the list of
queues, as well as there is no topic "ActiveMQ.Advisory.TempTopic" in
the list of topics.

Nevertheless, every time I publish a message to a queue from admin
console, I'm getting and error "Exception occurred while processing this
request, check the log for more information!" and I see the following
exception when I look in the logs:

<raw>2018-12-06 12:13:14,073 | WARN  | Security Error occurred on
connection to: vm://localhost#32, User admin is not authorized to read
from: ActiveMQ.Advisory.TempQueue,ActiveMQ.Advisory.TempTopic |
org.apache.activemq.broker.TransportConnection.Service | ActiveMQ
VMTransport: vm://localhost#33-1
2018-12-06 12:13:14,074 | WARN  |  |
org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler | qtp387410712-14674
org.springframework.web.util.NestedServletException: Request processing
failed; nested exception is javax.jms.JMSSecurityException: User admin
is not authorized to read from:
ActiveMQ.Advisory.TempQueue,ActiveMQ.Advisory.TempTopic
         at
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:977)[spring-webmvc-4.1.9.RELEASE.jar:4.1.9.RELEASE]
         at
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doPost(FrameworkServlet.java:867)[spring-webmvc-4.1.9.RELEASE.jar:4.1.9.RELEASE]
         at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:648)[tomcat-servlet-api-8.0.24.jar:]

</raw>

The funny thing is that my Spring-based service is able to publish a
message without issues. The issue is only seen when using web-console.

I searched a lot, but could not find similar issues... Would anyone know
how can I avoid that?

Thank you in advance!

P.S.: Sorry about multiple tries to post this message, it's because the
log was not visible. All the previous copies were deleted.

Re: Advisory is off, but "User admin is not authorized to read from: ActiveMQ.Advisory.TempQueue,ActiveMQ.Advisory.TempTopic" while publishing a message to a queue from admin console.

Yury
Making "admin" being able to read/write from/to any queue/topic solves the
issue:

    <authorizationEntry queue=">" write="admins" read="admins"
admin="admins" />
    <authorizationEntry topic=">" write="admins" read="admins"
admin="admins" />

Although, I'm still surprised, because I don't see a queue named
"ActiveMQ.Advisory.TempQueue" and a topic named
"ActiveMQ.Advisory.TempTopic" in my instance, plus advisories are turned
off... So really don't understand why this error was occurring. If someone
knows, please share.

Thank you.