Activemq Mangement Application alternatives

Activemq Mangement Application alternatives

Martin V. Løland
Hello,

*TL;DR*
Are there any good alternatives for the AMQ web console which easily
implements users with read rights for a subset of queues.

*The Long version*
I'm currently working with ActiveMQ (classic) 5.15.10 and would like to know
if there are any good alternatives to the AMQ web console for managing my
brokers?

I've a couple of brokers connected as a network of brokers with a failover
transport. With the setup mentioned I would prefer the following features of
the management application:

- View all brokers in the same GUI (preferred)
- Create users with read rights to queues with specific prefixes (user-A
should only see queues with "A." prefix, user-B only "B." queues, etc.)
(*must*)
- Keycloak integration (preferred)

I've been testing out Hawtio, but I find that it needs a bit out of the box
tuning for my needs which are out of my field of expertise. I find that most
of the documentation for Hawtio is either dead links or lacking. I don't
seem to be finding any recent solutions to the problem so any help is very
much welcome!

Regards,
Martin

Re: Activemq Mangement Application alternatives

jbonofre
Hi,

As possible alternatives:

- hawtio for management
- karaf decanter for alterting/monitoring

I know some companies also provide some advanced tooling: RedHat/Fuse,
Hyte, Yupiik, ...

Regards
JB

On 02/01/2020 12:54, Martin V. Løland wrote:

> Hello,
>
> *TL;DR*
> Are there any good alternatives for the AMQ web console which easily
> implements users with read rights for a subset of queues.
>
> *The Long version*
> I'm currently working with ActiveMQ (classic) 5.15.10 and would like to know
> if there are any good alternatives to the AMQ web console for managing my
> brokers?
>
> I've a couple of brokers connected as a network of brokers with a failover
> transport. With the setup mentioned I would prefer the following features of
> the management application:
>
> - View all brokers in the same GUI (preferred)
> - Create users with read rights to queues with specific prefixes (user-A
> should only see queues with "A." prefix, user-B only "B." queues, etc.)
> (*must*)
> - Keycloak integration (preferred)
>
> I've been testing out Hawtio, but I find that it needs a bit out of the box
> tuning for my needs which are out of my field of expertise. I find that most
> of the documentation for Hawtio is either dead links or lacking. I don't
> seem to be finding any recent solutions to the problem so any help is very
> much welcome!
>
> Regards,
> Martin

Jean-Baptiste Onofré