ActiveMQEndpointWorker, run() method cannot be synchronized

ActiveMQEndpointWorker, run() method cannot be synchronized

ned233
There has been a discussion on the JBoss 7 forums about errors getting the
ActiveMQ resource adapter working correctly in JBoss (see
https://community.jboss.org/message/648857)

When JBoss attempts to deploy the rar file, it was throwing this error:

ERROR [org.apache.activemq.ra.ActiveMQEndpointWorker] (MSC service
thread 1-4) Work Manager did not
accept work: : javax.resource.spi.work.WorkException: IJ000257:
org.apache.activemq.ra.ActiveMQEndpointWorker$1: Run method is synchronized

One member on the forum modified the source code for
org.apache.activemq.ra.ActiveMQEndpointWorker and took out the
"synchronized" keyword from the "run" method (line 97), and this fixed the
problem.  I modified the code as well and it fixed my problem too.
 According to a JBoss representative, ActiveMQ is out of spec on this, and
claims that this should be fixed on the ActiveMQ side.

Please consider modifying this class.  Otherwise, nobody will be able to
use the resource adapter with JBoss.

Re: ActiveMQEndpointWorker, run() method cannot be synchronized

gtully
can you raise a jira issue for this so it does not get forgotten?

--
http://fusesource.com
http://blog.garytully.com