ActiveMQ not detecting disconnect and notifying ActiveMQ.Advisory.Connection - help?

ActiveMQ not detecting disconnect and notifying ActiveMQ.Advisory.Connection - help?

sheer-panic
I need some way to detect when a STOMP client has disconnected *without* sending the disconnect command. I looked into ActiveMQ.Advisory.Connection, and this only notifies of disconnects when the STOMP client actually sends the 'DISCONNECT' command, not when the client disconnects via a TCP shutdown.

I'm currently running ActiveMQ 4.1.1, but if there's another version that supports this functionality, I'd be happy to move to it. I'm also okay with the idea of modifying ActiveMQ to do what I want - I've already modified it to remove some STOMP headers I didn't want, and done a fair amount of poking around in org.apache.activemq.advisory - if someone could gesture me to where I might start in hacking in hangup detection, I'd be very appriciative..

Re: ActiveMQ not detecting disconnect and notifying ActiveMQ.Advisory.Connection - help?

mvhoof
Hi,

Are you using a network of brokers or a single instance ? I have an open question regarding this issue too where i saw that connect's do not get forwarded in a network of brokers while disconnects are... ( i am using OpenWire though but this might relate to the same issue ..)

sheer-panic wrote