ActiveMQ deletes empty queues automatically on shutdown

ActiveMQ deletes empty queues automatically on shutdown

gokhanoner
Hi,

I'm testing 5.14.5 on Windows. After I define some queues and send/receives messages and close broker, after restart, I cannot see the queues that I defines, If there is no connected consumers.

Is this normal ? After I start sending messages, queues are automatically created but I prefer them to be persistent.

BTW, I'm using jdbc store.

Thanks

Re: ActiveMQ deletes empty queues automatically on shutdown

Tim Bain
As I understand it, this is expected behavior.

ActiveMQ deletes messages when they are consumed, so if all messages are
consumed for a given destination, there will be no rows in the table that
correspond to that destination. So when the broker starts, it has no need
to create the destination, giving the behavior you describe.

If you want your destinations created at broker start time, you can define
them statically in the XML. Otherwise, you can wait until the first client
(producer or consumer, either one) interacts with the destination and
ActiveMQ will create the destination automatically.

Tim