ActiveMQ+XMPP

ELY

ActiveMQ+XMPP

ELY
I've posted a message on Camel-users with this same topic. Sorry, but I think my question is better addressed on ActiveMQ-users.

This is my problem:

I have developed a server that communicates with its client using JMS. I only embedded ActiveMQ's broker. Basically, it is a game server with lobby and chat services. I have my self-made db for my Players and Rooms.

Now for interoperability and standardisation, I want to use XMPP for communication with clients. I have enabled XMPP transport. But, I want to be able to process XMPP request stanzas such as Presence, IQ and Message. This is to enable me to retrieve data (ie: iq) then process business logic that typically make use of my own DB. Please help me if you have any idea on how to do this.

Thanks.

Ely

Re: ActiveMQ+XMPP

dejanb
Hi Ely,

ActiveMQ is not an XMPP server. XMPP transport is just used to exchange
messages with clients using XMPP protocol underneath, so there's no direct
way to handle XMPP-related commands.

On the other hand, you can use plugins and advisory messages to handle
certain events, such as someone joins the room etc. Please take look at

http://activemq.apache.org/developing-plugins.html
http://activemq.apache.org/advisory-message.html

for more info

Cheers