ActiveMQ/RealBasic

s15

ActiveMQ/RealBasic

s15
I'm considering having an application developed using RealBasic (for the client GUI) and ActiveMQ on the server to handle messaging. I'm not a programmer, but would like some feedback on RealBasic and ActiveMQ integration. Have anyone used the OpenWire C Client with RealBasic? Can the OpenWire C Client be used to connect a client developed with RealBasic to ActiveMQ? What would be the best solution or are there alternatives? I do not want to use Java for the client software. I'm looking for a solution that will work with RealBasic or other cross-platform framework like QT or wxWidgets.

Re: ActiveMQ/RealBasic

James Strachan-2
You could use the C API - or you could try write your own Stomp client.

http://stomp.codehaus.org/

Its very easy to write a client in a few hours in any language
provided you can open a socket and read & write & parse strings. e.g.
check out the source code for the ruby or python or dotnet client as a
starter

On 12/12/06, s15 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm considering having an application developed using RealBasic (for the
> client GUI) and ActiveMQ on the server to handle messaging. I'm not a
> programmer, but would like some feedback on RealBasic and ActiveMQ
> integration. Have anyone used the OpenWire C Client with RealBasic? Can the
> OpenWire C Client be used to connect a client developed with RealBasic to
> ActiveMQ? What would be the best solution or are there alternatives? I do
> not want to use Java for the client software. I'm looking for a solution
> that will work with RealBasic or other cross-platform framework like QT or
> wxWidgets.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/