ActiveMQ Plugin: Modify consumer subscription

me.

ActiveMQ Plugin: Modify consumer subscription

me.
Hello,

I would like to know whether it is possible to modify the destination of a consumer subscription within a broker plugin.

Assuming that two producers (A and B) and one consumer (C) are connected to a single broker. Producer A publishes to the destination "Foo", producer B publishes to the destination "Bar" and in the beginning the consumer subscribes to destination "Foo". At a certain point in time I want to alter the subscription of the consumer (within the broker) in such a way that he doesn't anymore receive messages from producer A. Instead the consumer should receive messages published to producer B's destination "Bar".

Is there a way to achieve this? I am using version 5.9.1.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: ActiveMQ Plugin: Modify consumer subscription

ceposta
Check the composite destinations here:
http://activemq.apache.org/virtual-destinations.html

Could also implement this with the camel-broker plugin:

http://activemq.apache.org/broker-camel-component.html

On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 1:50 PM, me. <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to know whether it is possible to modify the destination of a
> consumer subscription within a broker plugin.
>
> Assuming that two producers (A and B) and one consumer (C) are connected to
> a single broker. Producer A publishes to the destination "Foo", producer B
> publishes to the destination "Bar" and in the beginning the consumer
> subscribes to destination "Foo". At a certain point in time I want to alter
> the subscription of the consumer (within the broker) in such a way that he
> doesn't anymore receive messages from producer A. Instead the consumer
> should receive messages published to producer B's destination "Bar".
>
> Is there a way to achieve this? I am using version 5.9.1.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.

*Christian Posta*
http://www.christianposta.com/blog
twitter: @christianposta