ActiveMQ Message Window size

ubaid
I am using activeMQ v5.15.0 integrated in mule application with JMS. I want
to get first 50 messages from the queue, how to set that windowSize and
where to configure this setting.

Re: ActiveMQ Message Window size

tabish121@gmail.com
On 10/17/2017 03:55 AM, ubaid wrote:
> I am using activeMQ v5.15.0 integrated in mule application with JMS. I want
> to get first 50 messages from the queue, how to set that windowSize and
> where to configure this setting.

This seems like question you should be asking the Mule folks, this forum
is for supporting ActiveMQ proper.

twitter: @tabish121
blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com/

Re: ActiveMQ Message Window size

ubaid
so you are saying that we cannot limit the consumer with the messages he is
getting at once from activeMQ. I asked this question on this forum because I
found a parameter consumerWindowSize in the Apache ActiveMQ documentation
for limiting the consumer buffer. What I'm not getting is where to place
that parameter on Apache ActiveMQ server side.
you can have a look at  this
<https://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/1.0.0/flow-control.html>
*Windows Based Flow Control*

On 10/17/2017 11:01 AM, ubaid wrote:

> so you are saying that we cannot limit the consumer with the messages he is
> getting at once from activeMQ. I asked this question on this forum because I
> found a parameter consumerWindowSize in the Apache ActiveMQ documentation
> for limiting the consumer buffer. What I'm not getting is where to place
> that parameter on Apache ActiveMQ server side.
> you can have a look at  this
> <https://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/1.0.0/flow-control.html>
> *Windows Based Flow Control*

That documentation is from ActiveMQ Artemis, you said you are using
ActiveMQ 5.15.0 so that configuration doesn't apply to you.

twitter: @tabish121
blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com/

Re: ActiveMQ Message Window size

art.licis
You are very unclear with requirements, but if you want to limit how many
messages are buffered on a consumer side, then in ActiveMQ 5.x it's called
'prefetch limit'. Params can be passed via connection URI (for all
destinations), or along destination name as a destination option. A very
detailed explanation is here:

http://activemq.apache.org/what-is-the-prefetch-limit-for.html