ActiveMQ JMS Bridge and KahaDB

pminearo

I am not even sure how to search for the answer to this question. So, if it is a repeat; please send a link to the answer.

The question I have is: When a JMS Bridge is set up from Broker B to Broker A and Broker B uses KahaDB to persist the Message, does ActiveMQ retrieve the entire message first telling Broker A it successfully retrieved the message before handing off to KahaDB? OR does ActiveMQ stream the message from the network straight into KahaDB, in order to boost performance?

I am assuming it is the first case, but I wanted to make sure.

Re: ActiveMQ JMS Bridge and KahaDB

ceposta
Messages are pulled off the tcp connection first, then stored into KahaDB.

On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 3:35 PM, pminearo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am not even sure how to search for the answer to this question.  So, if
> it
> is a repeat; please send a link to the answer.
> The question I have is:  When a JMS Bridge is set up from Broker B to
> Broker
> A and Broker B uses KahaDB to persist the Message, does ActiveMQ retrieve
> the entire message first telling Broker A it successfully retrieved the
> message before handing off to KahaDB?  OR does ActiveMQ stream the message
> from the network straight into KahaDB, in order to boost performance?
> I am assuming it is the first case, but I wanted to make sure.

*Christian Posta*
http://www.christianposta.com/blog
twitter: @christianposta