ActiveMQ Graceful shutdown

cpondbt
I have a a broker plugin (extends BrokerFilter) that needs to hook into the broker shutdown process, but needs to completely shutdown *before* the ActiveMQ broker. I also need to make use of the activemq-admin script to do the shutdown (activemq-admin stop). Is there a way to do this? I tried implementing a stop() method, and also removeBroker(), but it seems that the broker shuts down concurrently with the plugins - which causes problems.

Thanks!
Chris