ActiveMQ Failover Transport for Artemis

Duchaine, David

Hello everyone,

We are using Artemis 2.6.3 and would like to know if there is anything like the Failover Transport we could configure for our client sessions. (http://activemq.apache.org/failover-transport-reference.html)

Client should always connect to primary.  If not, use the secondary.  If primary comes back online, connect to primary.

Thank you,

David Duchaine

Conseiller Mise en expl. des TI II

Technologies opérationnelles

Vice-présidence – Technologies de l’information et des communications

Mtl-Cplx Desjardins, 11étage

Montréal (Québec) H5B 1H7

Tél. : 514 879-4100, poste 5531

www.hydroquebec.com

Re: ActiveMQ Failover Transport for Artemis

art.licis
Hi David,

There is failover in Artemis, check out this documentation:
https://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/latest/ha.html

As for the scenario of getting primary back again, check the section
"Failing Back to live Server".

- Art

Re: ActiveMQ Failover Transport for Artemis

veaceslavdoina
Hello Art,

Thank you for the reply!

I'm also interested in how to specify two nodes for the end client.

Assuming we have two servers: IP1, IP2.
For ActiveMQ we may use it in the following way:
failover:(tcp://IP1:61616,tcp://IP2:61616)

Is there a way to specify two hosts when we connecting to the Artemis?

artemis producer --url
failover:\(tcp://localhost:61616,tcp://localhost:61616\)
---
java.lang.NullPointerException: Schema failover not found
---

Maybe something like this will work:
(tcp://myhost:61616,tcp://myhost2:61616)?reconnectAttempts=5

https://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/latest/clusters.html

Thank you!

Slava.