ActiveMQ Artemis on AWS

Sakthi
Hi,

We are migrating our applications to AWS environment.
We have Artemis cluster Master/Slave and we are trying to configure it in
AWS environment.
Artemis uses the <group-address> for the clustering which is Class D ip
address.
But AWS doesn't seem to be allow the Class D ip address to broadcast the
message to the group.

Master and Slave are in different VM, so we are not able to use the
jgroups-file as it requires common folder for the both the servers to
access.

Any help or suggestion are appreciated. Thanks.

Sakthi S

Re: ActiveMQ Artemis on AWS

Justin Bertram
There are lots of JGroups protocols that might be useful in this scenario.
Have you looked at AWS_PING [1]?

Justin

[1] http://meltmedia.github.io/jgroups-aws/

On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 3:13 PM, Sakthi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are migrating our applications to AWS environment.
> We have Artemis cluster Master/Slave and we are trying to configure it in
> AWS environment.
> Artemis uses the <group-address> for the clustering which is Class D ip
> address.
> But AWS doesn't seem to be allow the Class D ip address to broadcast the
> message to the group.
>
> Master and Slave are in different VM, so we are not able to use the
> jgroups-file as it requires common folder for the both the servers to
> access.
>
> Any help or suggestion are appreciated. Thanks.
>
> Sakthi S

> f2341805.html

Re: ActiveMQ Artemis on AWS

Sakthi
Thank you Justin.

I dont see AWS_PING in the schema for JGroup. Hope you meant S3_PING. I will
try that out. Thanks Again.

Regards,
Sakthi S