ActiveMQ Artemis docker image

vromero
Hi all,

I have just seen the new official Docker image for Artemis. *Great news* !!!

I have been maintaining a docker image (
https://github.com/vromero/activemq-artemis-docker ) since 2015. Had a
couple of attempts to contribute it back in this list but we got stuck in
one way or another.

As I'd like to be as mainstream friendly as possible, I wonder: In order to
avoid divided efforts *shall I deprecate my image?* I'd say so if the
purpose of the official image is towards a production ready image (cncf
friendly, monitoring, k8s, etc).

Thanks

Re: ActiveMQ Artemis docker image

clebertsuconic
We have added dockerfiles with Instructions on how to deploy them into your
local repos. There are no uploads.

Apache doesn’t consider any binaries as official. The only official
distribution is the source.

I am not pursuing an official deploy into the Apache account.

I am on vacation this week. I may write you a more detailed note next week
once I’m back (it’s hard to type on the iPhone )