ActiveMQ Artemis Configuration - Suggestion required

ActiveMQ Artemis Configuration - Suggestion required

Sakthi
Hi,

We are experiencing intermittent connectivity issues with Artemis server.

Mostly this is happening when the load is higher. But the consumer is
consuming slowly.
Our consumer is Informatica and the Informatica workflow will run every
minute and pickup only one message. So more messages are waiting to be
picked up.

We suspect the messages going to PAGING and it creates the issue.

We are using default configuration generated while creating the broker.

We tried to increase Heap memory to 8GB and Increased the Global Max Size to
1GB in the broker.xml but we still faces issue.

Please let me know if you guys come across this situation and suggestions
are welcome.

Re: ActiveMQ Artemis Configuration - Suggestion required

jbertram
> We are experiencing intermittent connectivity issues with Artemis server.

Can you be any more specific about this?  Are you seeing general slowness
or particular errors?

> Our consumer is Informatica and the Informatica workflow will run every
minute and pickup only one message. So more messages are waiting to be
picked up.

Is this consumer running more slowly than normal here?  Does your message
production and consumption stay balanced most of the time so messages
aren't accumulating in the queues?

> We suspect the messages going to PAGING and it creates the issue.

Do you have any metrics to share for the addresses & queues in question
(e.g. address-size, message-count, consumer-count, delivering-count,
etc.)?  The JMX address control object will indicate whether or not the
address is paging, and I believe there is also an INFO level log message
when paging starts.

> Please let me know if you guys come across this situation and suggestions
are welcome.

The description of the issue is a bit too vague to be helpful at this point.

Justin