ActiveMQ Apollo and Replicated LevelDB Store

ActiveMQ Apollo and Replicated LevelDB Store

amit2103
Hi All,

Sorry if this is a new bie question

Can Apollo be used with replicated levelDB store?
We recently benchmarked apollo and found it very suitable for our usecase.
However we would like to have the option for HA and Failover.

Is there any doc explaining integrating replicated levelDB with Apollo.
I understand that Apollo is still under development and doesnt have clustering support. Is there any roadmap (about when it will be available).

Many thanks for the reply in advance.

Re: ActiveMQ Apollo and Replicated LevelDB Store

ceposta
there isn't any active development on Apollo at the moment... but if you're
keen to use it, and willing to contribute back, i know there are a few
others that would offer to help :) but at the moment apollo doesn't have
replicated leveldb. you could also take a look at ActiveMQ Artemis which
does have a replicated store and is also built on a similar non-blocking
model: https://github.com/apache/activemq-6

On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 4:40 AM, amit2103 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Sorry if this is a new bie question
>
> Can Apollo be used with replicated levelDB store?
> We recently benchmarked apollo and found it very suitable for our usecase.
> However we would like to have the option for HA and Failover.
>
> Is there any doc explaining integrating replicated levelDB with Apollo.
> I understand that Apollo is still under development and doesnt have
> clustering support. Is there any roadmap (about when it will be available).
>
> Many thanks for the reply in advance.

*Christian Posta*
twitter: @christianposta
http://www.christianposta.com/blog
http://fabric8.io

Re: ActiveMQ Apollo and Replicated LevelDB Store

amit2103
Hi many thanks.
So is APollo development completely stopped?

What's the difference between ActiveMQ 6 and Apollo?
In a non replicated environment we found that in case of multiple Jms Consumers Apollo is faster than ActiveMQ. IS ActiveMQ 6 performance similar to Apollo

Re: ActiveMQ Apollo and Replicated LevelDB Store

Petter Nordlander
There is no such thing as ActiveMQ 6, yet.

The code base of JBoss HornetQ was donated to the ActiveMQ community. That
contribution was initially named ActiveMQ 6 (hence the git repo name) but
is now known as ActiveMQ Artemis (Apollos twin sister in mythology).

After the donation, a lot of work has been made to merge features and code
from ActiveMQ and ActiveMQ Apollo to the new code base. I guess that
ActiveMQ Artemis in the long run will be the best-of-breed from ActiveMQ,
Apollo and HornetQ. Likely, but that is just a speculation from my side,
ActiveMQ Artemis will be released as ActiveMQ 6.0 some day when there is a
migration path from previous ActiveMQ versions.

About performance compared with ActiveMQ Apollo, nothing is really known
as there is no release of ActiveMQ Artemis yet. Both use non blocking
architecture to be able to scale under heavy load and large amount of
connections.

Best Regards
Petter Nordlander

Den 2015-04-23 17:24 skrev amit2103 <[hidden email]>:

>Hi many thanks.
>So is APollo development completely stopped?
>
>What's the difference between ActiveMQ 6 and Apollo?
>In a non replicated environment we found that in case of multiple Jms
>Consumers Apollo is faster than ActiveMQ. IS ActiveMQ 6 performance
>similar
>to Apollo

Re: ActiveMQ Apollo and Replicated LevelDB Store

amit2103
Peter ,

Many thanks. I understood it now.
So this means basically that Apollo is now not under development.
Artemis will be the new release.

Thanks for the help.