[ActiveMQ 6.0] Will ActiveMQ 6.0 will be released on Artemis codebase?

[ActiveMQ 6.0] Will ActiveMQ 6.0 will be released on Artemis codebase?

kkott00
As it have been reported before here Artemis become successor of ActiveMQ line. Is it still actual? Is there  migration plan expected? Should I prefer Artemis for new projects than ActiveMQ?

Re: [ActiveMQ 6.0] Will ActiveMQ 6.0 will be released on Artemis codebase?

clebertsuconic
...there's a lot of activity on Artemis with new code and features
added each day.

On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 3:20 AM, kkott00 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> As it have been reported before  here
> <http://activemq.apache.org/new-features-in-60.html>   Artemis become
> successor of ActiveMQ line. Is it still actual? Is there  migration plan
> expected? Should I prefer Artemis for new projects than ActiveMQ?

Re: [ActiveMQ 6.0] Will ActiveMQ 6.0 will be released on Artemis codebase?

christopher.l.shannon
Yes Artemis is being actively developed  and is the primary focus while the
old ActiveMQ 5.x line is mostly just maintenance mode at this point.  The
intention is that Artemis is the successor regardless of whether it keeps
the name Artemis or is renamed at some point.  In my opinion if you are
starting a new project I would use Artemis as that is where all current
development focus is and what will be actively maintained and improved in
the future.

On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 10:59 AM, Clebert Suconic <[hidden email]