ActiveMQ 5.9.1 and Camel HTTP component

Peter Hicks-2
All,

I am not sure if this is an ApacheMQ or a Camel question, but I'm
experiencing the following issue in AMQ, so it's probably a good place
to start.

There are several web servers I need to retrieve a single XML file from,
every 30 seconds.  I want to publish this XML data on a topic for
distribution to other systems, and it's been suggested I use Camel to do
this.

Under a <camelContext>, I have the following:

     <route>
       <description>Feed 1</description>
       <from
uri="timer://feed1timer?fixedRate=true&amp;delay=0&amp;period=30000"/>
       <to uri="http://www.example.com/feed1.xml"/>
       <to uri="activemq:topic:FEED1"/>
     </route>

When I start ActiveMQ, the broker begins to start, but then shuts down
immediately after the following debug (not error, seemingly) message is
output:

     2014-05-10 00:35:48,101 | DEBUG | Found component: http in
registry: null | org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultComponentResolver | main

If I remove the HTTP line from the route, the broker starts successfully
and sends blank messages on to the topic - from this, it seems that it's
just the HTTP component that's failing to load.

This is the first time I've started to use Camel for this kind of
activity - can anyone help out with where I might be going wrong? This
is on an Ubuntu 14.04 machine with a clean install of ActiveMQ 5.9.1
under Java 1.8.0_05.

Peter

Re: ActiveMQ 5.9.1 and Camel HTTP component

Peter Hicks-2

On 10/05/14 11:09, Peter Hicks wrote:
> I am not sure if this is an ApacheMQ or a Camel question, but I'm
> experiencing the following issue in AMQ, so it's probably a good place
> to start.
Follow-up for anyone interested - ActiveMQ doesn't include the HTTP
client library by default, and it requires downloading... problem solved!

Peter