ActiveMQ 5.8.1 Release Date

iamactivemquser
Hi all,

anyone knows when is ActiveMQ 5.8.1 planned to be released?

Thanks,
Ana

Re: ActiveMQ 5.8.1 Release Date

gtully
there is no hard plan, but  it will most likely be end or april/early may
before it gets done.

On 27 March 2013 13:01, iamactivemquser <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> anyone knows when is ActiveMQ 5.8.1 planned to be released?
>
> Thanks,
> Ana

http://redhat.com
http://blog.garytully.com

Re: ActiveMQ 5.8.1 Release Date

iamactivemquser
thanks for your quick answer :)

Re: ActiveMQ 5.8.1 Release Date

paulgale
Whenever 5.8.1 is released will it include changes to allow for greater
pluggability of the storage lockers, e.g., using a lease-database-locker
with the kahadb persistence adapter?
If not can you say when this might be addressed?

Thanks,
Paul

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 11:18 AM, iamactivemquser <[hidden email]>wrote:

> thanks for your quick answer :)

Re: ActiveMQ 5.8.1 Release Date

iamactivemquser
This post was updated on .

I´ve seen the ActiveMQ roadmap and it seems 5.9.0 will be ready to be released before releasing 5.8.1. Will this happen?

I´ve read 5.9.0 will be released in september. This would be nice. I´m waiting for a new release :)

Thanks
Ana

Re: ActiveMQ 5.8.1 Release Date

dejanb
Hi,

yes the plan is to release 5.9 soon. We're working on hardening the code
and preparing for the release. There's no plan for 5.8.1 release.

Dejan Bosanac
----------------------
Red Hat, Inc.
FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
[hidden email]
Twitter: @dejanb
Blog: http://sensatic.net

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 9:09 AM, iamactivemquser <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I´ve seen the ActiveMQ roadmap and it seems 5.9.0 will be ready to be
> released before releasing 5.8.1. Will this happen?
>
> I´ve read 5.9.0 will be release in september. This would be nice. I´m
> waiting for a new release :)
>
> Thanks
> Ana

Re: ActiveMQ 5.8.1 Release Date

paulgale
As part of the 5.9.0 release are there plans to upgrade SLF4J to 1.7.5+?
The risk should be low.

Thanks,
Paul

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 9:08 AM, Dejan Bosanac <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> yes the plan is to release 5.9 soon. We're working on hardening the code
> and preparing for the release. There's no plan for 5.8.1 release.
>
> Regards
> --
> Dejan Bosanac
> ----------------------
> Red Hat, Inc.
> FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
> [hidden email]
> Twitter: @dejanb
> Blog: http://sensatic.net
>

> On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 9:09 AM, iamactivemquser <[hidden email]
> >wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I´ve seen the ActiveMQ roadmap and it seems 5.9.0 will be ready to be
> > released before releasing 5.8.1. Will this happen?
> >
> > I´ve read 5.9.0 will be release in september. This would be nice. I´m
> > waiting for a new release :)
> >
> > Thanks
> > Ana

Re: ActiveMQ 5.8.1 Release Date

dejanb
Please log the Jira for it, to track it for the release. Do you experience
any problems with current slf4j version?

Dejan Bosanac
----------------------

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 3:26 PM, Paul Gale <[hidden email]> wrote:

> As part of the 5.9.0 release are there plans to upgrade SLF4J to 1.7.5+?
> The risk should be low.
>
> Thanks,
> Paul
>

> On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 9:08 AM, Dejan Bosanac <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > yes the plan is to release 5.9 soon. We're working on hardening the code
> > and preparing for the release. There's no plan for 5.8.1 release.
> >
> > Regards
> > --
> > Dejan Bosanac
> > ----------------------
> > Red Hat, Inc.
> > FuseSource is now part of Red Hat
> > [hidden email]
> > Twitter: @dejanb
> > Blog: http://sensatic.net
> > ActiveMQ in Action: http://www.manning.com/snyder/
> >

> > On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 9:09 AM, iamactivemquser <[hidden email]
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I´ve seen the ActiveMQ roadmap and it seems 5.9.0 will be ready to be
> > > released before releasing 5.8.1. Will this happen?
> > >
> > > I´ve read 5.9.0 will be release in september. This would be nice. I´m
> > > waiting for a new release :)
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Ana

Re: ActiveMQ 5.8.1 Release Date

iamactivemquser
thank you for your answer.

We have to release our project at the end of September and we would like to use 5.9

Do you think 5.9 will be released in September?

Thanks
Ana

Re: ActiveMQ 5.8.1 Release Date

paulgale
It's not a problem per se. It's just that the code can seem rather
cluttered at times with checks like:

if(LOG.isDebugEnabled()) {
  LOG.debug("blah" + myVariable + " foo");
}

The guards checks are mainly there because 1) the string concatenation
would always be done regardless of the prevailing log level and 2)
oftentimes markers cannot be used unless an Object is one of the first
markers. The latest version of slf4j removes these restrictions AFAIK.

With slf4j the above log statement becomes:

Log.debug("blah {} foo", myVariable);

Also, per the slf4j home page it states: "Since 1.7.5: Significant
improvement in logger retrieval times. Given the extent of the improvement,
users are highly encouraged to migrate to SLF4J 1.7.5 or later. "

I will create a Jira ticket.

Thanks,
Paul