ActiveMQ 5.11 with WebSphere Application Server 8.5

ActiveMQ 5.11 with WebSphere Application Server 8.5

boekhold
Hi all,

Does anybody know which jars from ActiveMQ 5.11 I need to use with IBM Websphere Application Server 8.5.5 in order to create a new ActiveMQ JMS Provider?

I found discussions related to older ActiveMQ versions that don't seem applicable anymore because the way ActiveMQ is packaged has changed:

    https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/blogs/timdp/entry/using_activemq_as_a_jms_provider_in_websphere_application_server_7149?lang=en

ActiveMQ 5.11 doesn't seem to have activemq-core anymore, activeio-core is under "optional", and ActiveMQ seems to have switched from commons-logging to slf4j, which in itself seems to cause problems due to the fact that WAS itself ships an outdated version of the slf4j jars (see other questions here on SO).

Any advice is highly appreciated.

Maarten

Re: ActiveMQ 5.11 with WebSphere Application Server 8.5

ceposta
check activemq-broker (and it's required deps... see its pom.xml) and
activemq-client.

On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 4:29 AM, boekhold <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Does anybody know which jars from ActiveMQ 5.11 I need to use with IBM
> Websphere Application Server 8.5.5 in order to create a new ActiveMQ JMS
> Provider?
>
> I found discussions related to older ActiveMQ versions that don't seem
> applicable anymore because the way ActiveMQ is packaged has changed:
>

> https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/blogs/timdp/entry/using_activemq_as_a_jms_provider_in_websphere_application_server_7149?lang=en
>
> ActiveMQ 5.11 doesn't seem to have activemq-core anymore, activeio-core is
> under "optional", and ActiveMQ seems to have switched from commons-logging
> to slf4j, which in itself seems to cause problems due to the fact that WAS
> itself ships an outdated version of the slf4j jars (see other questions
> here
> on SO).
>
> Any advice is highly appreciated.
>
> Maarten

*Christian Posta*
twitter: @christianposta
http://www.christianposta.com/blog
http://fabric8.io

Re: ActiveMQ 5.11 with WebSphere Application Server 8.5

boekhold
boekhold wrote
Hi all,

Does anybody know which jars from ActiveMQ 5.11 I need to use with IBM Websphere Application Server 8.5.5 in order to create a new ActiveMQ JMS Provider?
Figured it out. It's really simple actually. In the WAS console, go to Resources -> JMS -> JMS Providers, and create a new provider as:

Classpath:
C:/activemq-libs/activemq-client-5.10.0.jar
C:/activemq-libs/hawtbuf-1.10.jar
C:/activemq-libs/slf4j-api-1.7.5.jar

External initial context factory:
org.apache.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory

External provider URL:
tcp://myhost:61616

Then go to Resources -> JMS -> Queue Connection Factories and create a new one as:

Name: myQCF
JNDI Name: jms/myQueueConnectionFactory
External JNDI Name: QueueConnectionFactory

You can create a new Queue as (Resources -> JMS -> Queues):

Name: myQueue
JNDI Name: queue/myQueue
External JNDI Name: dynamicQueues/myQueue

Maarten

Re: ActiveMQ 5.11 with WebSphere Application Server 8.5

DThompson55
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.