ActiveMQ 5.10 release date

khandelwalanuj
Hi,
Is there any tentative release date for ActiveMQ 5.10. Some rough idea about timeline ?

Thanks,
Anuj

Re: ActiveMQ 5.10 release date

Hadrian Zbarcea
We are close to releasing, there some 40 issues to close down. I expect to
have it all sorted out in a couple of weeks or so.

Cheers,
Hadrian

On Friday 14 March 2014 05:44:37 khandelwalanuj wrote:

> Hi,
> Is there any tentative release date for ActiveMQ 5.10. Some rough idea
>  about timeline ?
>
> Thanks,
> Anuj

Re: ActiveMQ 5.10 release date

paulgale
Getting the 5.10 release out in the next couple of weeks seems like a tall
order having looked at the 40 or so remaining issues you're planning to
fix.

What about paring down the issue list by pushing some of them out to the
5.11 release in the interest of getting 5.10 out the door? Given that more
frequent releases for ActiveMQ are being targeted this shouldn't cause too
much pain.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Paul

On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 8:48 AM, Hadrian Zbarcea <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We are close to releasing, there some 40 issues to close down. I expect to
> have it all sorted out in a couple of weeks or so.
>
> Cheers,
> Hadrian
>

> On Friday 14 March 2014 05:44:37 khandelwalanuj wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Is there any tentative release date for ActiveMQ 5.10. Some rough idea
> >  about timeline ?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Anuj

Re: ActiveMQ 5.10 release date

khandelwalanuj
Hey,

it's been 10 days already, Any rough date for release ?

Thanks,
Anuj

Re: ActiveMQ 5.10 release date

khandelwalanuj
Hey, please respond !!

Re: ActiveMQ 5.10 release date

Claus Ibsen
You can download AMQ 5.9.1 from maven central which was just released.

It will be announced later when its been synced to the Apache mirror
infrastructure, ready for download there as well.

Usually a release is available on maven central sooner than Apache infra.

5.10 will come out later when its ready.

On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 9:26 AM, khandelwalanuj
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hey, please respond !!

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: [hidden email]
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Re: ActiveMQ 5.10 release date

Hadrian Zbarcea
To expand a bit on what Claus already explained, the release process for java
projects usually involves:
1. building and staging the release candidate in the asf maven repository
2. there is a 72+hr window in which developers test and vote on the release
3. if the release passes the result of the vote is announced and the staged
release is made public. Minutes later it will be available in Maven Central
4. the version is marked as released in jira
5. The source and binary artifacts are copied from the maven repository to the
asf distro area
6. from the distro area asf mirrors get sync'ed up usually twice a day
7. once the mirrors are updated we can update the cwiki pages (download,
release notes and all) with links pointing to the mirrors
8. the site gets updated and release announced.

That's why the public announcement lags by 1-2 days. In this case it took a
bit longer, because we're also moving to the new release mirroring mechanism
that is in use since Nov last year. Another reason is that this week some of
us are the ApacheCon conference in Denver and we're too busy having fun :).

On the 5.10.0 release point, the goal is to do it asap, there are some 20
issues still to be fixed. Normally that should not take more than 2-3 weeks.

Hadrian

On Monday 07 April 2014 03:35:18 Claus Ibsen wrote:

> You can download AMQ 5.9.1 from maven central which was just released.
>
> It will be announced later when its been synced to the Apache mirror
> infrastructure, ready for download there as well.
>
> Usually a release is available on maven central sooner than Apache infra.
>

> 5.10 will come out later when its ready.
>
> On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 9:26 AM, khandelwalanuj
>
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hey, please respond !!

> > Nabble.com.

Re: ActiveMQ 5.10 release date

khandelwalanuj
Hey guys,

Still no ActiveMQ 5.10 ? Any chance to release it in this week or any rough date ?

Thanks,
Anuj