ActiveMQ 4.0.1+Spring 2.0 & XBean

mjanveaux
Hello everyone,

I know other people out there have had this issue, what I have not been able to find however is a SOLUTION!

The combination of ActiveMQ 4.0.1+ and Spring 2.0 Final is BROKEN.  Reason ?  As far as I can tell - binary compatibility with XBeans.

I've heard that Spring 2.0 + ActiveMQ 4.1 & the latest XBean commits solve these problems ... unfortunately (I have limited experience with Maven, so forgive me if I'm wrong) the apache servers are DOWN and I can't build anything to find out!

What started with a simple upgrade from Spring 1.2.8 to Spring 2.0 in order to implement improved Quartz scheduler support has turned into a nightmare.

Does anybody have ActiveMQ 4.0.1+ & Spring 2.0 working???  If so, can you toss me the jar's so I can make them publicly available to the many, many people I know are having this same issue?  You would have my eternal gratitude :)

See the following links for more info:

http://forum.springframework.org/showthread.php?t=29837

Help, please!!

Mark

Re: ActiveMQ 4.0.1+Spring 2.0 & XBean

Guillaume Nodet-4
ActiveMQ works fine for me with Spring 2.0.
You need to use XBean 2.7 which has been released last week,
but unfortunately, the release has been lost.  I will upload
the xbean binaries asap to the ASF server.

The only (minor) problem I had with Spring 2.0 is that you can not
use log level for spring at DEBUG, else you have some NPE in
ActiveMQ.

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: ActiveMQ 4.0.1+Spring 2.0 & XBean

mjanveaux
Hi,

I take it you mean you'll upload the binaries to the server
that hosts the xbean project @ geronimo.apache.org ?  That would be great - is
there a specific locaiton I should be looking because I don't see it yet.

Thank you!

Mark

gnodet wrote

On 10/26/06, mjanveaux <mark@mobiledesigntech.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I know other people out there have had this issue, what I have not been able
> to find however is a SOLUTION!
>
> The combination of ActiveMQ 4.0.1+ and Spring 2.0 Final is BROKEN.  Reason ?
> As far as I can tell - binary compatibility with XBeans.
>
> I've heard that Spring 2.0 + ActiveMQ 4.1 & the latest XBean commits solve
> these problems ... unfortunately (I have limited experience with Maven, so
> forgive me if I'm wrong) the apache servers are DOWN and I can't build
> anything to find out!
>
> What started with a simple upgrade from Spring 1.2.8 to Spring 2.0 in order
> to implement improved Quartz scheduler support has turned into a nightmare.
>
> Does anybody have ActiveMQ 4.0.1+ & Spring 2.0 working???  If so, can you
> toss me the jar's so I can make them publicly available to the many, many
> people I know are having this same issue?  You would have my eternal
> gratitude :)
>
> See the following links for more info:
>
> http://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-531
> http://forum.springframework.org/showthread.php?t=29837
>
> Help, please!!
>
> Mark

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Channel was inactive for too long.

Pico Florin
Hi!
    I'm using using activemq-4.0.1 in P2P solution. When the machine  where the server is istalled enters in stanby mode (due to the OS  Windows XP )  after a while I'm getting this error:
   [09:15:54.910] Async exception with no exception listener: org.apache.activemq.t
  ransport.InactivityIOException: Channel was inactive for too long.
  [09:15:54.910] org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityIOException: Channel was
  inactive for too long.

  This is the normal behaviour of the active-mq in the described condition(stanby-mode for the server)?
     Thanks,
      Florin

  P.S.Of course the problem can be fixed if I put the server do not enter in the stand-by mode.

RE: Channel was inactive for too long.

Charles Anthony
I believe when XP goes into "stand-by", it closes all network
communcations; I think this message is to be expected in this case !

Regards,

Charles.

Thank you, Charles for you quick response! I think you are right...
   Florin

Charles Anthony <[hidden email]> wrote:  I believe when XP goes into "stand-by", it closes all network