Active mq 5.7 slave broker does not get the lock when the master is brought down

Active mq 5.7 slave broker does not get the lock when the master is brought down

bala_82
Hi,

I am using activemq 5.7 running on Linux with JDK 1.6 for setting up a shared file system master slave broker.

There are two activemq nodes which access a NFSV4 shared file system for storage.

Initially , i can start one of the nodes as the master and it gets the Kahadb lock. After this, i start the other mq broker and it waits in loop to get the lock from the master.

When the master is brought down , the slave does not get the lock and the following error is thrown.

/data/kahadb/lock is locked... waiting 10 seconds for the database to be unlocked. Reason: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /data/kahadb/lock (Permission denied) | org.apache.activemq.store.SharedFileLocker | main

Please let me know , how this issue can be resolved.

Re: Active mq 5.7 slave broker does not get the lock when the master is brought down

gtully
are the two brokers running under the same user id?

On 13 May 2013 22:49, bala_82 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using activemq 5.7 running on Linux with JDK 1.6 for setting up a
> shared file system master slave broker.
>
> There are two activemq nodes which access a NFSV4 shared file system for
> storage.
>
> Initially , i can start one of the nodes as the master and it gets the
> Kahadb lock. After this, i start the other mq broker and it waits in loop to
> get the lock from the master.
>
> When the master is brought down , the slave does not get the lock and the
> following error is thrown.
>
> /data/kahadb/lock is locked... waiting 10 seconds for the database to be
> unlocked. Reason: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /data/kahadb/lock
> (Permission denied) | org.apache.activemq.store.SharedFileLocker | main
>
> Please let me know , how this issue can be resolved.

http://redhat.com
http://blog.garytully.com

Re: Active mq 5.7 slave broker does not get the lock when the master is brought down

akhil
Hi Gary ,

I have a same setup as bala. Two brokers with common shared file storage but when the brokers are getting started up both are on slave modes. The shared file storage is not being used by any other broker. We created a new mount and tested with that , but still the two brokers are on slave mode. It's either of them is not getting lock on the file storage. Any idea on why both brokers going under slave mode ?

Re: Active mq 5.7 slave broker does not get the lock when the master is brought down

Tim Bain
Are you using NFSv4?

Can you test whether you can acquire an NFS file lock in that location
without using ActiveMQ? Take ActiveMQ out of the mix and make sure your
underlying infrastructure works.

Tim

On Mar 30, 2017 11:29 AM, "akhil" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Gary ,
>
> I have a same setup as bala. Two brokers with common shared file storage
> but
> when the brokers are getting started up both are on slave modes. The shared
> file storage is not being used by any other broker. We created a new mount
> and tested with that , but still the two brokers are on slave mode. It's
> either of them is not getting lock on the file storage. Any idea on why
> both
> brokers going under slave mode ?

Re: Active mq 5.7 slave broker does not get the lock when the master is brought down

akhil
Thank you Tim . Using NFSV4 and not sure about the testing of NFS file lock with out activemq ? It worked before and all of a sudden when i launch , both of them are going to slave modes. i have created a new EFS mounts and tried still its going under slave. Have restarted each one of the broker one by one to get one of them into master but not yet resolved. Looks like there is something going on with the underlying infrastructure locks.