Active MQ uses KahaDB, while activeMQ.xml configured to use MsSQL

Active MQ uses KahaDB, while activeMQ.xml configured to use MsSQL

nikolay4ik
Hello!
I'm using active MQ 5.15.4 with Apache Camel 2.22.0.

My activemq.xml configured to use MsSQL for persistence:
        <persistenceAdapter>
            <jdbcPersistenceAdapter dataSource="#mssql-ds"
createTablesOnStartup="true"/>
        </persistenceAdapter>

Active MQ correctly uses MySQL, but periodically it creates KahaDB files( i
see it in logs) Why does this can happen?

Re: Active MQ uses KahaDB, while activeMQ.xml configured to use MsSQL

Tim Bain
The temp store uses KahaDB even if the persistent store is configured to
use another database type, so I suspect that that's the source of those
KahaDB files.

Tim

On Fri, Sep 28, 2018, 8:35 AM nikolay4ik <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello!
> I'm using active MQ 5.15.4 with Apache Camel 2.22.0.
>
> My activemq.xml configured to use MsSQL for persistence:
>         <persistenceAdapter>
>             <jdbcPersistenceAdapter dataSource="#mssql-ds"
> createTablesOnStartup="true"/>
>         </persistenceAdapter>
>
> Active MQ correctly uses MySQL, but periodically it creates KahaDB files( i
> see it in logs) Why does this can happen?
>

> --
> Sent from:

Re: Active MQ uses KahaDB, while activeMQ.xml configured to use MsSQL

Dan Abayev
Tim, is there a way to turn off temp store?

Re: Active MQ uses KahaDB, while activeMQ.xml configured to use MsSQL

Tim Bain
If you set a limit of 0 for it with producer flow control enabled, no
messages will be written to it. I don't remember offhand whether it'll
still create the KahaDB files on disk in that case, but if that's something
you care about, it's a simple test for you to do.

Tim

On Wed, Oct 3, 2018, 8:48 PM Dan Abayev <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Tim, is there a way to turn off temp store?
>

> --
> Sent from:

Re: Active MQ uses KahaDB, while activeMQ.xml configured to use MsSQL

Dan Abayev
I do not know what the property for it is, what do i set to zero. I checked
out documentation and couldnt find anything for temp store.

Re: Active MQ uses KahaDB, while activeMQ.xml configured to use MsSQL

Tim Bain
I'm referring to the limit attribute of the tempUsage element in
activemq.xml. A sample can be seen at
http://activemq.apache.org/xml-configuration.html. It's not well formatted
for easy reading, but it's correct XML.

Tim