Active MQ docker image

Ismaël Mejía
Hello,

I have been improving the already excellent ActiveMQ docker image created
by Roman Mohr, with the idea of contributing it upstream to be part of the
official Apache repo. Currently there are many different ActiveMQ images
for docker and I think Roman’s one is the one with the highest standard of
quality, it is the cleanest one (no extra stuff) and the most popular with
a compatible license (Apache). Additionally it already has a small
community around it, that I think can be expanded if it is integrated into
the official repo.

So I wanted to ask here if there is interest in the community to accept
this contribution, and if this is the case how can we proceed to do it.

I link the current repo of the image as well as the current docker hub link
for your consideration.

https://github.com/rmohr/docker-activemq/
https://hub.docker.com/r/rmohr/activemq/

Ismaël

Re: Active MQ docker image

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
Hi

I already have an improved docker image with karaf and ActiveMQ. We have a discussion at Apache about where to put this.

For now it's on my local server. I don't think it should go directly in the project.

Regards
JB

On Aug 16, 2016, 09:10, at 09:10, "Ismaël Mejía" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have been improving the already excellent ActiveMQ docker image
>created
>by Roman Mohr, with the idea of contributing it upstream to be part of
>the
>official Apache repo. Currently there are many different ActiveMQ
>images
>for docker and I think Roman’s one is the one with the highest standard
>of
>quality, it is the cleanest one (no extra stuff) and the most popular
>with
>a compatible license (Apache). Additionally it already has a small
>community around it, that I think can be expanded if it is integrated
>into
>the official repo.
>
>So I wanted to ask here if there is interest in the community to accept
>this contribution, and if this is the case how can we proceed to do it.
>
>I link the current repo of the image as well as the current docker hub
>link
>for your consideration.
>
>https://github.com/rmohr/docker-activemq/
>https://hub.docker.com/r/rmohr/activemq/
>
>Ismaël

Re: Active MQ docker image

Krzysztof Sobkowiak
Hi JB

Where is the Dockerfile available?

Regards
Krzysztof

--
Krzysztof Sobkowiak (@ksobkowiak)

Re: Active MQ docker image

John D. Ament-2
On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 4:23 AM Jean-Baptiste Onofré <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi
>
> I already have an improved docker image with karaf and ActiveMQ. We have a
> discussion at Apache about where to put this.

Where is this conversation happening?

> For now it's on my local server. I don't think it should go directly in
> the project.

This would be inconsistent with most projects I've seen with docker
deployment available.

> Regards
> JB
>

> On Aug 16, 2016, 09:10, at 09:10, "Ismaël Mejía" <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >I have been improving the already excellent ActiveMQ docker image
> >created
> >by Roman Mohr, with the idea of contributing it upstream to be part of
> >the
> >official Apache repo. Currently there are many different ActiveMQ
> >images
> >for docker and I think Roman’s one is the one with the highest standard
> >of
> >quality, it is the cleanest one (no extra stuff) and the most popular
> >with
> >a compatible license (Apache). Additionally it already has a small
> >community around it, that I think can be expanded if it is integrated
> >into
> >the official repo.
> >
> >So I wanted to ask here if there is interest in the community to accept
> >this contribution, and if this is the case how can we proceed to do it.
> >
> >I link the current repo of the image as well as the current docker hub
> >link
> >for your consideration.
> >
> >https://github.com/rmohr/docker-activemq/
> >https://hub.docker.com/r/rmohr/activemq/
> >
> >Ismaël

Re: Active MQ docker image

Roman Mohr

I am the maintainer of the Docker image Ismael proposed here. First of all
many thanks to Ismael for improving the image and proposing it.

On 2016-08-16 18:25 ( 0200), Krzysztof Sobkowiak <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi JB>
>
> Where is the Dockerfile available?>

I would also be very interested in seeing the Dockerfile. It would
definitely be nice to have official docker builds for ActiveMQ, no matter
which one.

Best Regards,
Roman

> Regards>
> Krzysztof>
>
> On 16.08.2016 10:23, Jean-Baptiste Onofr%uFFFD wrote:>
> > Hi>
> >>
> > I already have an improved docker image with karaf and ActiveMQ. We
have a discussion at Apache about where to put this.>

> > For now it's on my local server. I don't think it should go directly in
the project.>

> > Regards>
> > JB>
> >>

> > On Aug 16, 2016, 09:10, at 09:10, "Isma%uFFFDl Mej%uFFFDa" <
[hidden email]> wrote:>
> >> Hello,>
> >>>
> >> I have been improving the already excellent ActiveMQ docker image>
> >> created>
> >> by Roman Mohr, with the idea of contributing it upstream to be part
of>
> >> the>
> >> official Apache repo. Currently there are many different ActiveMQ>
> >> images>
> >> for docker and I think Roman\u2019s one is the one with the highest
standard>
> >> of>
> >> quality, it is the cleanest one (no extra stuff) and the most popular>
> >> with>
> >> a compatible license (Apache). Additionally it already has a small>
> >> community around it, that I think can be expanded if it is integrated>
> >> into>
> >> the official repo.>
> >>>
> >> So I wanted to ask here if there is interest in the community to
accept>
> >> this contribution, and if this is the case how can we proceed to do
it.>

> >> I link the current repo of the image as well as the current docker
hub>

> >> link>
> >> for your consideration.>
> >>>
> >> https://github.com/rmohr/docker-activemq/>
> >> https://hub.docker.com/r/rmohr/activemq/>
> >>>
> >> Isma%uFFFDl>
>
> -- >
> Krzysztof Sobkowiak (@ksobkowiak)>
>
> JEE & OSS Architect, Integration Architect>
> Apache Software Foundation Member (http://apache.org/)>
> Apache ServiceMix Committer & PMC Member (http://servicemix.apache.org/)>
> Senior Solution Architect @ Capgemini SSC (http://www.capgeminisoftware.
pl/)>

Re: Active MQ docker image

Roman Mohr

I am the maintainer of the Docker image Ismael proposed here. Many thanks
to Ismael for improving the image and proposing it here.

On 2016-08-16 18:25 ( 0200), Krzysztof Sobkowiak <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi JB>
>
> Where is the Dockerfile available?>

I would also be very interested in seeing the Dockerfile. It would
definitely be nice to have official docker builds for ActiveMQ, no matter
which ones Dockerfile it is.

Best Regards,
Roman

> Regards>
> Krzysztof>
>
> On 16.08.2016 10:23, Jean-Baptiste Onofr%uFFFD wrote:>
> > Hi>
> >>
> > I already have an improved docker image with karaf and ActiveMQ. We
have a discussion at Apache about where to put this.>

> > For now it's on my local server. I don't think it should go directly in
the project.>

> > Regards>
> > JB>
> >>

> > On Aug 16, 2016, 09:10, at 09:10, "Isma%uFFFDl Mej%uFFFDa" <
[hidden email]> wrote:>
> >> Hello,>
> >>>
> >> I have been improving the already excellent ActiveMQ docker image>
> >> created>
> >> by Roman Mohr, with the idea of contributing it upstream to be part
of>
> >> the>
> >> official Apache repo. Currently there are many different ActiveMQ>
> >> images>
> >> for docker and I think Roman\u2019s one is the one with the highest
standard>
> >> of>
> >> quality, it is the cleanest one (no extra stuff) and the most popular>
> >> with>
> >> a compatible license (Apache). Additionally it already has a small>
> >> community around it, that I think can be expanded if it is integrated>
> >> into>
> >> the official repo.>
> >>>
> >> So I wanted to ask here if there is interest in the community to
accept>
> >> this contribution, and if this is the case how can we proceed to do
it.>

> >> I link the current repo of the image as well as the current docker
hub>

> >> link>
> >> for your consideration.>
> >>>
> >> https://github.com/rmohr/docker-activemq/>
> >> https://hub.docker.com/r/rmohr/activemq/>
> >>>
> >> Isma%uFFFDl>
>
> -- >
> Krzysztof Sobkowiak (@ksobkowiak)>
>
> JEE & OSS Architect, Integration Architect>
> Apache Software Foundation Member (http://apache.org/)>
> Apache ServiceMix Committer & PMC Member (http://servicemix.apache.org/)>
> Senior Solution Architect @ Capgemini SSC (http://www.capgeminisoftware.
pl/)>

Re: Active MQ docker image

Roman Mohr
 Hi,

On 2016-08-16 18:25 ( 0200), Krzysztof Sobkowiak <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi JB>
>
> Where is the Dockerfile available?>

I would also be very interested in seeing the Dockerfile. It would
definitely be nice to have official docker builds for ActiveMQ.

Best Regards,
Roman

> Regards>
> Krzysztof>
>
> On 16.08.2016 10:23, Jean-Baptiste Onofr%uFFFD wrote:>
> > Hi>
> >>
> > I already have an improved docker image with karaf and ActiveMQ. We
have a discussion at Apache about where to put this.>

> > For now it's on my local server. I don't think it should go directly in
the project.>

> > Regards>
> > JB>
> >>

> > On Aug 16, 2016, 09:10, at 09:10, "Isma%uFFFDl Mej%uFFFDa" <
[hidden email]> wrote:>
> >> Hello,>
> >>>
> >> I have been improving the already excellent ActiveMQ docker image>
> >> created>
> >> by Roman Mohr, with the idea of contributing it upstream to be part
of>
> >> the>
> >> official Apache repo. Currently there are many different ActiveMQ>
> >> images>
> >> for docker and I think Roman\u2019s one is the one with the highest
standard>
> >> of>
> >> quality, it is the cleanest one (no extra stuff) and the most popular>
> >> with>
> >> a compatible license (Apache). Additionally it already has a small>
> >> community around it, that I think can be expanded if it is integrated>
> >> into>
> >> the official repo.>
> >>>
> >> So I wanted to ask here if there is interest in the community to
accept>
> >> this contribution, and if this is the case how can we proceed to do
it.>

> >> I link the current repo of the image as well as the current docker
hub>

> >> link>
> >> for your consideration.>
> >>>
> >> https://github.com/rmohr/docker-activemq/>
> >> https://hub.docker.com/r/rmohr/activemq/>
> >>>
> >> Isma%uFFFDl>
>
> -- >
> Krzysztof Sobkowiak (@ksobkowiak)>
>
> JEE & OSS Architect, Integration Architect>
> Apache Software Foundation Member (http://apache.org/)>
> Apache ServiceMix Committer & PMC Member (http://servicemix.apache.org/)>
> Senior Solution Architect @ Capgemini SSC (http://www.capgeminisoftware.
pl/)>

Re: Active MQ docker image

Roman Mohr
I just see that my message was sent multiple times. Sorry for spamming. I
had some issues with the registration to the mailing list.

Roman

On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 9:25 AM, Roman Mohr <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am the maintainer of the Docker image Ismael proposed here. First of all
> many thanks to Ismael for improving the image and proposing it.
>
> On 2016-08-16 18:25 ( 0200), Krzysztof Sobkowiak <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi JB>
> >
> > Where is the Dockerfile available?>
> >

> I would also be very interested in seeing the Dockerfile. It would
> definitely be nice to have official docker builds for ActiveMQ, no matter
> which one.
>
> Best Regards,
> Roman
>
> > Regards>
> > Krzysztof>
> >
> > On 16.08.2016 10:23, Jean-Baptiste Onofr%uFFFD wrote:>
> > > Hi>
> > >>
> > > I already have an improved docker image with karaf and ActiveMQ. We
> have a discussion at Apache about where to put this.>
> > >>
> > > For now it's on my local server. I don't think it should go directly
> in the project.>
> > >>
> > > Regards>

> of>
> standard>
> popular>
> integrated>

> accept>
> it.>

> hub>

> > -- >
> > Krzysztof Sobkowiak (@ksobkowiak)>
> >
> > JEE & OSS Architect, Integration Architect>
> > Apache Software Foundation Member (http://apache.org/)>
> > Apache ServiceMix Committer & PMC Member (http://servicemix.apache.org/)>
>
> > Senior Solution Architect @ Capgemini SSC (http://www.capgeminisoftware.
> pl/)>

Re: Active MQ docker image

seankrail
Roman Mohr wrote
I would also be very interested in seeing the Dockerfile. It would
definitely be nice to have official docker builds for ActiveMQ, no matter
which one.
+1

Any news on this? https://hub.docker.com/r/apache/activemq-artemis/ is still empty.

Re: Active MQ docker image

greenciu
Hello, this is the latest thread I found on official support for running ActiveMQ on Docker.

Is this topic active within the community or are there plans to provide an official image?

Thank you!

Re: Active MQ docker image

imranrazakhan
Hi,

Any news for Official docker image for ActiveMQ?