Active MQ JDBC Master Slave using Lease Database Locker

Active MQ JDBC Master Slave using Lease Database Locker

prince.jose
Hi,

We are on active MQ 5.9.1 version and we are running a JDBC Master Slave with Lease Database locker. The back end is Oracle (11g rel2) database. Yesterday there was a scenario where the master lost the database connection and lost the lock lease. The slave got the lock in couple of seconds and tried to open the transports but failed to do so with a java.net.BindException: Address already in use Error. We were using the same set of ports for master and slave and cleraly the master could not shutdown the ports on time for the slave to come up. is it advisable to use the same set of ports in a master /slave topology?

Secondly, to be able to autorecover from database failover, we have configured the broker with a JDBCIOException handler. not sure if i have configured it properly to achieve auto recovery, please have a look on the below configuration and correct me if I have done something wrong here?

activemq.xml

Re: Active MQ JDBC Master Slave using Lease Database Locker

Tim Bain
I can't comment on the second question, but it's normally recommended to
run the slave broker on a different *host*.  Usually you want a slave
because you want redundancy to protect you from failure of all types:
machines dying, machines getting overloaded by other processes running on
them, network failures, etc.  You give up all of that if you run on the
same host, in addition to the behavior you observed.

Tim