Activate Some Services

Gabriel1982
Hello ,

i want to know if it's possible to activate just one service for the activemq.

for example just activate the TransportServer service.

Thanks a lot .

Re: Activate Some Services

James Strachan-2
2009/7/8 Gabriel1982 <[hidden email]>:

> Hello ,
>

> i want to know if it's possible to activate just one service for the
> activemq.
>
> for example just activate the TransportServer service.

To do what BTW?

The TransportServer is designed to work with a Broker; so you need the
BrokerService.

You can choose what other services you need (e.g. the persistence adapter etc).

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration
http://fusesource.com/

Re: Activate Some Services

Gabriel1982
Thanks a lot Mr James

but i don't need the broker service .

i would like to use the stomp interface listener to intercept messages and than persist them in a database without using cache memory . in other words i want to use just the server of socket of activemq through to it's stomp interface . it's possible ?

Thanks .

James.Strachan wrote

Open Source Integration
http://fusesource.com/

Re: Activate Some Services

James Strachan-2
2009/7/8 Gabriel1982 <[hidden email]>:

> Thanks a lot Mr James
>
> but i don't need the broker service .
>
> i would like to use the stomp interface listener to intercept messages and
> than persist them in a database without using cache memory . in other words
> i want to use just the server of socket of activemq through to it's stomp
> interface . it's possible ?

If you want a Stomp server which persists messages to a database, then
it sounds like you need the BrokerService too.

BTW the TransportService is currently dependent on the Broker; its not
of that much use stand alone.
--
James
-------

Open Source Integration
http://fusesource.com/

Re: Activate Some Services

Gabriel1982
yes but the brokerService is essentially used to manage messages in the Queues or Topics

but for me i don't need even to create any Queues or Topics in the memory .

i just want to persist them in the disk and then get them from the disk .

you think it's possible ?

Tanks a lot Mr James for you help .

Open Source Integration
http://fusesource.com/

Re: Activate Some Services

James Strachan-2
2009/7/8 Gabriel1982 <[hidden email]>:

> yes but the brokerService is essentially used to manage messages in the
> Queues or Topics
>
> but for me i don't need even to create any Queues or Topics in the memory .
>
> i just want to persist them in the disk and then get them from the disk .
>
> you think it's possible ?
>
> Tanks a lot Mr James for you help .

Stomp talks to queues or topics. The only way to do what you ask today
is to reuse the broker. Creating some Queue or Topic objects in memory
is no big deal; they are small lightweight objects.

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration
http://fusesource.com/

Re: Activate Some Services

Gabriel1982
This is the problem , because i need 30 millions queue and i can't use topics instead

Thanks a lot  Mr  James for you help
James.Strachan wrote
2009/7/8 Gabriel1982 <benbouzid_anouar@yahoo.fr>:

> yes but the brokerService is essentially used to manage messages in the
> Queues or Topics
>
> but for me i don't need even to create any Queues or Topics in the memory .
>
> i just want to persist them in the disk and then get them from the disk .
>
> you think it's possible ?
>
> Tanks a lot Mr James for you help .

Stomp talks to queues or topics. The only way to do what you ask today
is to reuse the broker. Creating some Queue or Topic objects in memory
is no big deal; they are small lightweight objects.

--
James
-------
http://macstrac.blogspot.com/

Open Source Integration
http://fusesource.com/

Re: Activate Some Services

Jose Luna-2

> This is the problem , because i need 30 millions queue and i can't use topics
> instead
>
> Thanks a lot  Mr  James for you help

It's not clear to me what you want to do with them after you persist them, but you can send them all to a single queue then have a service that consumes from that queue and persists them in any way that you'd like.  For example, you can use a custom STOMP header to make some decision on how they should be persisted, so that they can filtered into their 30 million separated "groups".

Alternatively, you can write a plugin that does the same thing, so that you're not dealing with a connection between your persistence service and the broker.  Or you can even extend one of the existing persistence adapters to store the messages in some unique way.  While these latter options are viable, the first would be the easiest to develop and maintain.

JLuna

Re: Activate Some Services

Gabriel1982
using only one queue can block consumers , besides i think that a queue can't support 30 million of

messages

Jose Luna-2 wrote

> This is the problem , because i need 30 millions queue and i can't use topics
> instead
>
> Thanks a lot  Mr  James for you help

It's not clear to me what you want to do with them after you persist them, but you can send them all to a single queue then have a service that consumes from that queue and persists them in any way that you'd like.  For example, you can use a custom STOMP header to make some decision on how they should be persisted, so that they can filtered into their 30 million separated "groups".

Alternatively, you can write a plugin that does the same thing, so that you're not dealing with a connection between your persistence service and the broker.  Or you can even extend one of the existing persistence adapters to store the messages in some unique way.  While these latter options are viable, the first would be the easiest to develop and maintain.

JLuna

Re: Activate Some Services

James Strachan-2
2009/7/8 Gabriel1982 <[hidden email]>:

> using only one queue can block consumers

In what way?

> besides i think that a queue can't
> support 30 million of
> messages

It should be able to.

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration
http://fusesource.com/

Re: Activate Some Services

Roland Thomas Lichti
James Strachan schrieb:
> 2009/7/8 Gabriel1982 <[hidden email]>:
>
>> besides i think that a queue can't
>> support 30 million of
>> messages
>>
> It should be able to
Having a broker with Oracle SQL backend I'm able to tell that a startup
with 2100000 messages in one queue takes about 35 minutes (local oracle
database connection via c3p0 pooling, max 20 database connections).

bye,
    Roland

--

Roland Thomas Lichti
IT

Telefónica Deutschland GmbH || Georg-Brauchle-Ring 23-25 || 80992 München || www.telefonica.de
Telefon: 05246 80-1080 || Fax: 05246 80-2080  || E-Mail: [hidden email]
Ust.-Id.-Nr. DE 167 388 434 || Amtsgericht München HRB 108 006
Geschäftsführer: Johannes Pruchnow, Dr. Dirk Schmelzer, Michael Fränkle
Bankverbindung: Konto 158 09 76 || BLZ 478 400 65 || Commerzbank Gütersloh

Re: Activate Some Services

Jose Luna-2

> using only one queue can block consumers , besides i think that a queue can't

> support 30 million of messages

Again, it's not clear to me what you want to do with these messages after they're persisted.  I don't think you'll be able to get any useful help without providing more details.

In my first suggestion, none of the messages would stay in the queue, so you wouldn't have to worry about 30 million messages in a queue.  Activemq is very flexible, and chances are that it can meet your use case, it's just not clear exactly what that use case is.