[APOLLO] Client uses "heart-beat:0,0" - server answers with "heart-beat:100,1000"

[APOLLO] Client uses "heart-beat:0,0" - server answers with "heart-beat:100,1000"

mjustin_de
Hello,

with STOMP 1.2, the current version 1.6 of the Apollo seems to use
default heart-beat intervals of 100 and 1000 (outgoing/incoming).

So even if the client informs that heart-beating is not supported by the
client library, the server seems to expect heart-beating in both directions.

Should I add this to the issue tracker?

CONNECT
login:admin
passcode:password
accept-version:1.2
heart-beat:0,0
host:localhost

received:
CONNECTED
version:1.2
server:apache-apollo/1.6
host-id:mybroker
session:mybroker-2925
heart-beat:100,10000
user-id:admin

--
Michael Justin
habarisoft - Enterprise Messaging Software for Delphi
http://www.habarisoft.com/

Re: [APOLLO] Client uses "heart-beat:0,0" - server answers with "heart-beat:100,1000"

Raphael Seebacher
Hi Michael

This behaviour is correct according to the STOMP 1.2 specification [1]: Both the client and the server do only state what they are able to do (first unsigned int) and what they would like the remote to do (second unsigned int). The actual heart-beating is then determined based on these values (and if the value is 0, no heart-beating will be done), as explained in the STOMP 1.2 specification.
In other words, the server does not consider the client’s heart-beat header when replying to a CONNECT frame, but just sends its preferences for heart-beating. Only afterwards the exchanged values are used to determine the heart-beating intervals.

-Raphael

[1] http://stomp.github.io/stomp-specification-1.2.html#Heart-beating

--
raphael seebacher