[ANNOUNCE] Website updated!

jbertram
I talked with Apache Infra today and got them to move on the ticket I
opened a few days ago [1]. As of today the new ActiveMQ website is now
live!

The instructions on how to update the site are available here [2].

I've also added a few mod_rewrite rules for compatibility with the
components from the old site [3].

This update has been a long time coming, and I extend my thanks to
everybody who contributed. Well done!

[2] https://github.com/apache/activemq-website/
[3] https://github.com/apache/activemq-website/blob/master/src/.htaccess

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Website updated!

tabish121@gmail.com
On 4/4/19 7:18 PM, Justin Bertram wrote:

> I talked with Apache Infra today and got them to move on the ticket I
> opened a few days ago [1]. As of today the new ActiveMQ website is now
> live!
>
> The instructions on how to update the site are available here [2].
>
> I've also added a few mod_rewrite rules for compatibility with the
> components from the old site [3].
>
> This update has been a long time coming, and I extend my thanks to
> everybody who contributed. Well done!
>

> Justin

> [2] https://github.com/apache/activemq-website/
> [3] https://github.com/apache/activemq-website/blob/master/src/.htaccess

Nice work Justin.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Website updated!

michael.andre.pearce
This is great effort by everyone! And excellent work by Justin taking it the last mile.

Get Outlook for Android

On Fri, Apr 5, 2019 at 12:29 AM +0100, "Timothy Bish" <[hidden email]> wrote:

On 4/4/19 7:18 PM, Justin Bertram wrote:

> I talked with Apache Infra today and got them to move on the ticket I
> opened a few days ago [1]. As of today the new ActiveMQ website is now
> live!
>
> The instructions on how to update the site are available here [2].
>
> I've also added a few mod_rewrite rules for compatibility with the
> components from the old site [3].
>
> This update has been a long time coming, and I extend my thanks to
> everybody who contributed. Well done!
>

> Justin

> [2] https://github.com/apache/activemq-website/
> [3] https://github.com/apache/activemq-website/blob/master/src/.htaccess

Nice work Justin.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Website updated!

christopher.l.shannon
Site looks great, thanks to everyone involved who put in the effort to do
the update.

On Fri, Apr 5, 2019 at 3:07 AM <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This is great effort by everyone! And excellent work by Justin taking it
> the last mile.
>

> Get Outlook for Android
>

> On Fri, Apr 5, 2019 at 12:29 AM +0100, "Timothy Bish" <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>

> On 4/4/19 7:18 PM, Justin Bertram wrote:
> > I talked with Apache Infra today and got them to move on the ticket I
> > opened a few days ago [1]. As of today the new ActiveMQ website is now
> > live!
> >
> > The instructions on how to update the site are available here [2].
> >
> > I've also added a few mod_rewrite rules for compatibility with the
> > components from the old site [3].
> >
> > This update has been a long time coming, and I extend my thanks to
> > everybody who contributed. Well done!
> >

> > Justin
> >
> > [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-18151
> > [2] https://github.com/apache/activemq-website/
> > [3] https://github.com/apache/activemq-website/blob/master/src/.htaccess
> >
> Nice work Justin.
>
> --
> Tim Bish

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Website updated!

nigro_franz
Folks thanks! You've done an awesome job!

Il ven 5 apr 2019, 12:17 Christopher Shannon <
[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Site looks great, thanks to everyone involved who put in the effort to do
> the update.
>
> On Fri, Apr 5, 2019 at 3:07 AM <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > This is great effort by everyone! And excellent work by Justin taking it
> > the last mile.
> >

> > Get Outlook for Android
> >

> > On Fri, Apr 5, 2019 at 12:29 AM +0100, "Timothy Bish" <
> [hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >

> > On 4/4/19 7:18 PM, Justin Bertram wrote:
> > > I talked with Apache Infra today and got them to move on the ticket I
> > > opened a few days ago [1]. As of today the new ActiveMQ website is now
> > > live!
> > >
> > > The instructions on how to update the site are available here [2].
> > >
> > > I've also added a few mod_rewrite rules for compatibility with the
> > > components from the old site [3].
> > >
> > > This update has been a long time coming, and I extend my thanks to
> > > everybody who contributed. Well done!
> > >

> > > Justin
> > >
> > > [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-18151
> > > [2] https://github.com/apache/activemq-website/
> > > [3]
> https://github.com/apache/activemq-website/blob/master/src/.htaccess
> > >
> > Nice work Justin.
> >
> > --
> > Tim Bish

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Website updated!

jbonofre
That's great !!

Thanks a this great update.

I'm not sure I agree with all contents and naming, but maybe we can
propose some PR or discuss about some working here.

Regards
JB

On 05/04/2019 01:18, Justin Bertram wrote:

> I talked with Apache Infra today and got them to move on the ticket I
> opened a few days ago [1]. As of today the new ActiveMQ website is now
> live!
>
> The instructions on how to update the site are available here [2].
>
> I've also added a few mod_rewrite rules for compatibility with the
> components from the old site [3].
>
> This update has been a long time coming, and I extend my thanks to
> everybody who contributed. Well done!
>

> Justin

> [2] https://github.com/apache/activemq-website/
> [3] https://github.com/apache/activemq-website/blob/master/src/.htaccess

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
[hidden email]
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Website updated!

Bruce Snyder
Great job everyone who contributed!

One item I do not see are the news items that used to be on the front page.
I know that many users paid attention to that to understand what is
happening with releases, etc. I don't see it on the front page or in each
component page. Has there been any consideration given to this one 'active'
piece of communication on the website and what eliminating it might mean
for the user base?

Bruce

On Thu, Apr 4, 2019 at 5:19 PM Justin Bertram <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I talked with Apache Infra today and got them to move on the ticket I
> opened a few days ago [1]. As of today the new ActiveMQ website is now
> live!
>
> The instructions on how to update the site are available here [2].
>
> I've also added a few mod_rewrite rules for compatibility with the
> components from the old site [3].
>
> This update has been a long time coming, and I extend my thanks to
> everybody who contributed. Well done!
>

> Justin

> [2] https://github.com/apache/activemq-website/
> [3] https://github.com/apache/activemq-website/blob/master/src/.htaccess

--
perl -e 'print

Blog: http://bsnyder.org/ <http://bruceblog.org/>
Twitter: http://twitter.com/brucesnyder

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Website updated!

jbertram
Preserving the "news" section did cross my mind, but as far as I could tell
it was just a list of releases which is easy to get for each component.
Information about the latest release of both the 5.x and Artemis brokers
(including the release date) is linked directly from the main page.
Information about past releases is linked from those corresponding pages.

From what I remember a "news" section has never been included in any of the
proposals or demos. This is the first I've heard anybody ask about it.

There's always the @ApacheActiveMQ Twitter feed for more newsy items.

Justin

On Fri, Apr 5, 2019 at 6:13 PM Bruce Snyder <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Great job everyone who contributed!
>
> One item I do not see are the news items that used to be on the front page.
> I know that many users paid attention to that to understand what is
> happening with releases, etc. I don't see it on the front page or in each
> component page. Has there been any consideration given to this one 'active'
> piece of communication on the website and what eliminating it might mean
> for the user base?
>
> Bruce
>
> On Thu, Apr 4, 2019 at 5:19 PM Justin Bertram <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I talked with Apache Infra today and got them to move on the ticket I
> > opened a few days ago [1]. As of today the new ActiveMQ website is now
> > live!
> >
> > The instructions on how to update the site are available here [2].
> >
> > I've also added a few mod_rewrite rules for compatibility with the
> > components from the old site [3].
> >
> > This update has been a long time coming, and I extend my thanks to
> > everybody who contributed. Well done!
> >

> > Justin
> >
> > [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-18151
> > [2] https://github.com/apache/activemq-website/
> > [3] https://github.com/apache/activemq-website/blob/master/src/.htaccess
> >

> --
> perl -e 'print
> unpack("u30","D0G)U8V4\@4VYY9&5R\"F)R=6-E+G-N>61E<D\!G;6%I;\"YC;VT*" );'

> Blog: http://bsnyder.org/ <http://bruceblog.org/>

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Website updated!

Bruce Snyder
It's certainly not critical to keep it, it's just something that
demonstrates forward moving activity to the user community.

Bruce