[ANNOUNCE] Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ v1.2.0 Released

[ANNOUNCE] Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ v1.2.0 Released

tabish121@gmail.com
***** ANNOUNCEMENT *****

The Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ 1.2.0 Release bundle is now available at the
following location:

<http://activemq.apache.org/nms/activemq-net-120-release.html>

This release is based on the Apache.NMS API v1.2.0 and runs on .NET
frameworks 2.0+ and Mono 2.0+, this version no longer supports the .NET
Compact Framework.

Changes in this version include

* Support for ConnectionMeteData in the Connection API.
* Supports the new Individual Acknowledge Mode.
* New IStreamMessage support
* New IRedeliveryPolicy interface and PrefecthPolicy support.
* Expanded IByteMessage interface to read/write primitive types.
* Message's adhere to the JMS Read only and Write only rules.
* Many new Unit Tests added to the Test Suite.
* Support for Message Body Compression.
* Connection Inactivity Monitor.
* Optional Asynchronous Reconnects in the Failover Transport.
* Optional Timeouts for Dispose and Close of Sessions.
* Many more bugfixes and improvements as well.

There are release binaries and debug binaries (with PDBs) provided.  The
binary ZIP files include pre-built assemblies for all of the platforms
that are supported:  Currently this library provides support for:

Mono 2.0
.NET 3.5, 2.0

My Blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com/

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ v1.2.0 Released

magellings
Tim can you include the .xml intellisense files with the binaries?  These provide good user experience when developing against the referenced NMS framework classes.

Right click project > Properties > Build > check "XML documentation file".

Then when you include the xml file in the same folder as the dll you can see all the xml comments done on the NMS classes.

-Thanks

Timothy Bish wrote

On Fri, 2010-02-12 at 11:04 -0800, magellings wrote:

> Tim can you include the .xml intellisense files with the binaries?  These
> provide good user experience when developing against the referenced NMS
> framework classes.
>
> Right click project > Properties > Build > check "XML documentation file".
>
> Then when you include the xml file in the same folder as the dll you can see
> all the xml comments done on the NMS classes.
>
> -Thanks

They only way this would get included was if there was some automated
way to generate them from nant as I don't use Visual Studio to build or
test the project, everything is done via command line so it can be done
via automation.

If you have some way to do this that we could include into the nant
scripts and packaging script we'd welcome the patch.

My Blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com/

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ v1.2.0 Released

jgomes
Tim,

The doc files are being generated by the NAnt script.  In the
nant-common.xml file, the following csc task line is used:

        <csc if="${current.build.keysign}" keyfile="${snk.file}"
> target="library"
>                 define="${current.build.defines}" warnaserror="false"
> debug="${csc.debug}" optimize="${csc.optimize}"
>                 output="${build.bin.dir}/${project.name}.dll" *
> doc="${build.bin.dir}/${project.name}.xml"*>

I have updated the package.ps1 scripts files in the trunk  and the 1.2.x
branch to start including these files when the ZIP files are created.

In the meantime, what would be an easy way to release the XML files for
those that want them?

On Fri, 2010-02-12 at 13:54 -0800, Jim Gomes wrote:

> Tim,
>
> The doc files are being generated by the NAnt script.  In the
> nant-common.xml file, the following csc task line is used:
>
>         <csc if="${current.build.keysign}" keyfile="${snk.file}"
> > target="library"
> >                 define="${current.build.defines}" warnaserror="false"
> > debug="${csc.debug}" optimize="${csc.optimize}"
> >                 output="${build.bin.dir}/${project.name}.dll" *
> > doc="${build.bin.dir}/${project.name}.xml"*>
> >

> I have updated the package.ps1 scripts files in the trunk  and the 1.2.x
> branch to start including these files when the ZIP files are created.
>
> In the meantime, what would be an easy way to release the XML files for
> those that want them?

Short of releasing a 1.2.1 release you could make them available in you
people.apache.org account for the time being.

My Blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com/

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ v1.2.0 Released

jgomes
Good idea.  I'll put them out there.

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 1:59 PM, Timothy Bish <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Fri, 2010-02-12 at 13:54 -0800, Jim Gomes wrote:
> > Tim,
> >
> > The doc files are being generated by the NAnt script.  In the
> > nant-common.xml file, the following csc task line is used:
> >
> >         <csc if="${current.build.keysign}" keyfile="${snk.file}"
> > > target="library"
> > >                 define="${current.build.defines}" warnaserror="false"
> > > debug="${csc.debug}" optimize="${csc.optimize}"
> > >                 output="${build.bin.dir}/${project.name}.dll" *
> > > doc="${build.bin.dir}/${project.name}.xml"*>
> > >

> > I have updated the package.ps1 scripts files in the trunk  and the 1.2.x
> > branch to start including these files when the ZIP files are created.
> >
> > In the meantime, what would be an easy way to release the XML files for
> > those that want them?
>
> Short of releasing a 1.2.1 release you could make them available in you
> people.apache.org account for the time being.
>
> Regards
>
> --
> Tim Bish

> Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/tabish121
> My Blog: http://timbish.blogspot.com/

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ v1.2.0 Released

jgomes
The next release of NMS will include the XML documentation files.  Until
then, the document files can be downloaded separately from the following
location:

http://people.apache.org/~jgomes/NMSDocFiles-1.2.0.zip

On Fri, 2010-02-12 at 15:16 -0800, Jim Gomes wrote:
> The next release of NMS will include the XML documentation files.  Until
> then, the document files can be downloaded separately from the following
> location:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~jgomes/NMSDocFiles-1.2.0.zip

Cool.  Might want to open and resolve an issue just to document this as
part of the next release.

Regards