AMQ service stops on network disconnection

AMQ service stops on network disconnection

sgtech
Hi all,

Windows 2012R2 x64
AMQ 5.14.5
JRE 8.U121x64
JTDS 1.3.1
SQL server 2012

I have configured 2 AMQ servers as master/slave HA connected to a MSSQL database for lock/message.

When I unplug the network cable from AMQ1, the AMQ1 windows service stops.
fail-over occurs and AMQ2 grab the lock -> ok
However, when AMQ1 network back again, AMQ1 service never come back online -> ?

Is there any specific configuration to apply to keep the AMQ service running on network disconnection or AMQ service back online automatically after the network re-connection ?

Thanks for your help,
Sgtech.

Re: AMQ service stops on network disconnection

Tim Bain
Did you configure the Java Service Wrapper (
http://activemq.apache.org/java-service-wrapper.html)? As I understand it,
that should be restarting any exited broker process after five seconds.

Tim

On Jul 5, 2017 8:38 AM, "sgtech" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Windows 2012R2 x64
> AMQ 5.14.5
> JRE 8.U121x64
> JTDS 1.3.1
> SQL server 2012
>
> I have configured 2 AMQ servers as master/slave HA connected to a MSSQL
> database for lock/message.
>
> When I unplug the network cable from AMQ1, the AMQ1 windows service stops.
> fail-over occurs and AMQ2 grab the lock -> ok
> However, when AMQ1 network back again, AMQ1 service never come back online
> -> ?
>
> Is there any specific configuration to apply to keep the AMQ service
> running
> on network disconnection or AMQ service back online automatically after the
> network re-connection ?
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Sgtech.

Re: AMQ service stops on network disconnection

sgtech
Hello Tim,

We finally get through this issue using the below AMQ lease database locker configuration.

<jdbcPersistenceAdapter dataDirectory="${activemq.data}" dataSource="#mssql-ds" lockKeepAlivePeriod="5000">
<locker>
<lease-database-locker lockAcquireSleepInterval="10000"/>
</locker>
</jdbcPersistenceAdapter>
</persistenceAdapter>

Now AMQ service survive network disconnection and auto-reconnection from/to AMQ & database.

Thank you for your help.

Re: AMQ service stops on network disconnection

Tim Bain
How is this configuration different from the one that wasn't working?

Tim

On Jul 6, 2017 7:57 AM, "sgtech" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Tim,
>
> We finally get through this issue using the below AMQ lease database locker
> configuration.
>
> <jdbcPersistenceAdapter dataDirectory="${activemq.data}"
> dataSource="#mssql-ds" lockKeepAlivePeriod="5000">
> <locker>
> <lease-database-locker lockAcquireSleepInterval="10000"/>
> </locker>
> </jdbcPersistenceAdapter>
> </persistenceAdapter>
>
> Now AMQ service survive network disconnection and auto-reconnection from/to
> AMQ & database.
>
> Thank you for your help.

Re: AMQ service stops on network disconnection

sgtech
At first we only use the default jdbcPersistenceAdapter (without the lease lock) -> not surviving a network disconnection

Then we tried to change the wrapper.conf to restart the AMQ service -> not working also
wrapper.filter.trigger.1=Failed to start Apache ActiveMQ
wrapper.filter.action.1=RESTART

Then we tried the jdbc lease lock following the configuration found on google but the majority of these posts share the wrong configuration -> the service survived a network disconnection but the master/slave lock flapped every 10 sec.

wrong jdbc lease lock: lockAcquireSleepInterval="5000" + lockKeepAlivePeriod="10000"

good jdbc lease lock: lockAcquireSleepInterval="10000" + lockKeepAlivePeriod="5000"

Re: AMQ service stops on network disconnection

Tim Bain
Thanks for explaining what you did.

Tim