5.4.1 Older Messages Blocking Delivery

urciolo
I have a situation where older messages are blocking the delivery of newer messages in a queue.  A consumer is using a message selector that matches the newer messages, but not the older messages.  This seems to happen with just a couple of thousand messages that do not match the message selector.

Is there a configuration parameter that would have activemq look at more messages, so say I could have tens of thousands of queued messages and still have newly delivered messages consumed using the message selector?

Thanks.

Re: 5.4.1 Older Messages Blocking Delivery

Reynald Borer-2
Hi,

You can increase the maxPageSize parameter on a per destination policy. By default it is defined to 200, which means that (as far as I understand) the broker will keep information on 200 messages per destination, the other messages being paged to disk. Of course it will increase memory usage, and there are probably going to be other side effects I am not aware of. Check out http://activemq.apache.org/per-destination-policies.html for more information.

As a good advice, I would consider in your case if using a specific destination for each message selector might not be a better idea. Combined with a well formed set of Camel rules, you'll have to modify nothing in your producer code, only the consumers will have to be adapted to use the correct destinations.

Regards,
Reynald